Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • One night in Nookastle!
  • rascal
    Free Member

So off the back of my recent Sunderland thread, we’ve decided to go to Newcastle for a Sat night out 😉
    Will be going from Sunderland’s Stadium of Light after the game Sat afternoon (hopefully celebrating a Swansea win!) on the Metro. Staying in S’land though so need to factor that in.

I’m sure there’ll be a load of Swans there but I’ll just be with a mate and not wearing football colours.
    Never been to Geordieland before – not bothered about Yates, Wetherspoons etc – like proper ale, get some food. Train back to S’land about 11.30…where/what do we go/do?

gobuchul
    Free Member

Loads of options for food and drink.

Massive price range for food.

Train back to S’land about 11.30..

A quick HIRA of your proposal:

Late Metro to Sunderland from Newcastle

Likelihood of Incident = 3
    Impact = 4
    Risk rating = 12 Medium High:-)

eddie11
    Free Member

please please go into the blackie boy and say you’ve come from sunderland and are looking to explore geordieland and let us know how you get on.

more seriously centurion to start when you get off the train then either:
    – stay around station: town wall, forth, tilleys, bodega, maybe trent house if you can be arsed with the walk.
    – quayside way theres the bridge hotel, crown posada and the bridge tavern, maybe the brewdog place
    – or leg it over to the ouseburn for a hipster vibe and a range of new and old pubs in a derelict wasteland.

Xylene
    Free Member

Get a copy of the burglars dog

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Pop World , Bigg Market.

Seeing as you are new in town you’ll either get a broken nose or an STD.

elma
    Free Member

Dont hang back for the last metro it’s normally carnage.

I’d recommend a couple of bars just down from the station my mates bar Box social has a great range of beers all brewed local and the town walls is also great with a great choice of ales.

Good choice with avoiding Sunderland i know people that work for SAFC and they choose to live in Newcastle!!

globalti
    Free Member

A couple of chat-up lines you might like to try in the pub, courtesy of one Sid the Sexist:

“Here pet…. hoo’s aboot wa taak aboot the weather?”
    “The weather?”
    “Aye pet…. the whether or not you’re comin’ back to my place toneet!”

and:

“Here pet…. my face will be leavin’ in five minutes and I’d quite like you on it!”

MtbRoutes

Out the station, cross the road up Pink Lane to Town Wall and Forth. Then back along Mosely St admiring the views to Dean Street and down the hill via Crown Posada to the Bridge Tavern. Plenty of food places en-route or a short detour up Grey St. Bridge Tavern food is really good too, but you might want to check last serving times on a Sat night.

maccruiskeen

you’ll either get a broken nose or an STD.

Its an either / or now is it? Sex or Violence but no Violent Sex.

rascal
    Free Member

Jesus – thinking of not going to the NE at all at this rate 😐

gobuchul
    Free Member

Jesus – thinking of not going to the NE at all at this rate

Newcastle is a really friendly city.

Just like any place it has it moments and as a stranger you just to make sure you go to the right places.

You’re from Swansea, I’m sure that has equally dodgy places.

It’s just the last bus/train out of any City can sometimes be a bit of crazy place.

theotherjonv

If ye gan doon the Bigg market or the Quayside youss’ll not be worrying about the last Metro, ye can get the first one in the mornin aftyer rattlin’ yer spuds off some Tracey’s biffins bridge aal neet. Hinny.

GrahamS

– or leg it over to the ouseburn for a hipster vibe and a range of new and old pubs in a derelict wasteland.

Depending what time you arrive you could get a sarnie at The Cycle Hub, then go to The Free Trade Inn and The Tyne before heading further up the burn to The Cluny.

All fine establishments.
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.9710693,-1.5871988,19z

But if you are only here for a night then you’re probably better off staying in centre.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Is this a rehash of Chess with a different location? 😉
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgc_LRjlbTU[/video]

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

theotherjonv – Member
    If ye gan doon the Bigg market or the Quayside youss’ll not be worrying about the last Metro, ye can get the first one in the mornin aftyer rattlin’ yer spuds off some Tracey’s biffins bridge aal neet. Hinny.

genuine LOLZ like

Newcastle is fantastic you’ll have a great time!

slowoldman

Quayside and Crown Posada have been mentioned. I have nothing further to add.

lesgrandepotato

One should get the locals to say ‘pooper scooper’ for a pleasurable comedic effect.

Drac

I’m going to try Box Social on Friday after my training day Elma.

Rascal.

Free Trade Inn, Box Social, Bacchaus, Brown’s and Stein Bier Keller. Your spoilt for choice really.

Food wise what do you like?

warton
    Free Member

the split chimp is getting good reviews at the moment – under a railway arch, 3 minute walk from the station, and next door to the herb garden, if you fancy a great pizza.

Newcastle is a really friendly city.

It is, but on a Saturday night around the major nightlife spots I always sense impending violence simmering under the surface. so, stay away from – the Bigg Market, The ‘diamond Strip’, the quayside. Bars around central station are nice, and the ouseburn.

Under no circumstances go to Osbourne Road in Jesmond. It Breaks my heart to see what they’ve done to my childhood home. it’ like a scene from Geordie shore does Marbs… horrendous.

RudiBoy
    Free Member

Some good suggestions to stay around the station… but try not to venture into the “triangle”.

Head of steam is ok if there is a band on also.

Seen more trouble in the potters wheel in 1 night than I did in 8 years in the Newcastle 🙂 Its a great city.

MtbRoutes

I’ve no idea what warton is on about. You could hardly get more genteel than the Quayside these days.

Drac

I’ve no idea what warton is on about. You could hardly get more genteel than the Quayside these days.

He said it was nice.

gobuchul
    Free Member

He said it was nice.

No he didn’t.

so, stay away from – the Bigg Market, The ‘diamond Strip’, the quayside.

However I was there recently and it was very quiet, weekday mind. Had some really good beer and food in the Jolly Fisherman. Owned by the same lot who own the one in Craster.

Craster Kipper Scotch Egg is excellent.

Wharton were you a fan of the marvellous Kenny?

Drac

The ‘diamond Strip’, the quayside. Bars around central station are nice, and the ouseburn.

He used a comma instead of full stop.

😀

Hard to say what he meant.

Actually. I’m off to get some glasses. 😳

Drac

Just to confirm the Quayside is rough awful place to choose for my lunch.

rascal
    Free Member

Had a great night in Geordieland last night.
    Was on a high after the Swans beat Sunderland and we’d had a fair few before we got there.
    Off the Metro straight into The Centurion, Head of Steam, The Bridge (the one under the Tyne Bridge), Crown Pasada, Bacchus, Stein Bier Keller (where some twunt nicked my jacket!)…might have gone somewhere else too but gets hazy after that! Great feel to the place and will def go again…that Bigg Market is interesting – not a lot of clothing being worn by the laydeez that’s for sure!

seadog101

The Cluny, great music, see if there’s someone you might like to see, good beer, great vibe, about 10min walk from millenium bridge.

theotherjonv

some twunt nicked my jacket

wtf were you doing wearing a jacket for a neet oot in the toon?

Probably not nicked, will be on display somewhere as a reminder of when some foreigners visited.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘One night in Nookastle!’ is closed to new replies.