Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • One more try at bleeding my formula oro ….
  • mudmonster
    Free Member

….before it goes on here (or out of the window) and I buy a brake that I can bleed.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

they are the easiest brakes to bleed that i own!
    I have Oro K18’s, Stroker Rides & Hope Mini’s. The oro’s are a doddle. 😯

timmys

Are you using these instructions?;

http://formulabrakeusa.com/formula/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/bleed_instructions_final.pdf

There were written by the US importers and are a lot better than the ‘official’ Formula instructions. I’m pretty inept and managed fine…

mudmonster
    Free Member

Think there is air in there that I can’t get out. The lever goes down to the bars and just starts to engage the disc. I gave up with the instructions that came with the bleed kit(epic one) and followed MrNutt’s intructions. Will give these ones a go then, thanks.

andyg
    Free Member

May benefit from having the piston changed in the lever. Mine had similar problems to yours. I also changed the small o-ring at the caliper end which was disintegrating. It wasn’t leaking oil, rather particles of rubber were going into the oil.

Northwind

Yeah, how new are they? They should be very easy to bleed- sometimes slightly fiddly to get a perfect bleed but dead easy to get an effective one- but brakes do wear out…

mudmonster
    Free Member

Think they are quite old(bought on here a while back). They were fine until I bought some new pads and they wouldn’t fit in. Opened the bleed nipple on the lever and pushed back the pistons. A few drops of oil came out. Pads were still rubbling but thought they’d wear in after a few miles. Went to Afan and they rubbed on the rotor the whole weekend. Then on the second day the lever was going right down to the bars. Was having to pump on the lever before any downhills to get it to work. I changed the tiny o ring on the caliper as I damaged the last one on previous bodged bleeding attempts.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘One more try at bleeding my formula oro ….’ is closed to new replies.