Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • One leg shorter than another- cleat shims? For road and spd pedals
  • hopefiendboy

A fiend has a leg length imbalance and it is causing him pain on one side- more noticeable on the road bike where you are sat in the seat for more of the time c/w the mountain bike.

Where can you get cleat shims for both SPD and roadbike look type cleats from? Has anyone any experience of this?

Cheers in advance!

taxi25
    Free Member

| would have thought having a built up insole fitted in his shoe might be a better bet. Look in yellow pages for a sports podiatrist.

xiphon
    Free Member

How about one crank longer than the other?

165mm / 175mm?

MrSmith
    Free Member

you can get shims. cyclefit in covent garden do them. they also sell them online.
    do not use different length cranks.
    a footbed is good for pronation but not for leg length discrepancies, you need cleat shims for that.

if you want footbeds then go to a good cycleshop that does either the specialized BG ones or sidas conformable.

i use the sidas ones in my road shoes and BG for mtb they are both very good.

cinnamon_girl

Presumably your friend is aware of why he has the imbalance? Can he not be treated at all?

I have personal experience of this hence the questions.

Edit: tilted pelvis can cause this.

warton
    Free Member

A mate has this problem, the bloke who fitted him just moved the cleat back a bit on his shorter (it may of been his longer) leg, instead of using a shim / wedge. Has worked a treat by all accounts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘One leg shorter than another- cleat shims? For road and spd pedals’ is closed to new replies.