Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • One last chrome book question.
  • scotroutes

I can edit Google Sheets on my phone. I can’t see why you couldn’t do it even easier on something that size.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes.

You can use google sheets on almost anything that can use a web browser.
    That’s really the fundamental concept of the google suite.

zippykona

On our iPad I can delete some figures but the key board won’t come out to write the new ones.

xora

Yes its a very powerful machine (except the ****ing wifi which is absolute ****)

molgrips
    Free Member

On our iPad I can delete some figures but the key board won’t come out to write the new ones.

There must surely be a button to bring the keyboard up? You’re meant to be able to edit sheets on an iPad, I’m sure.

zippykona

User error is a distinct possibility!
    Xora can you explain the wifi issue?

xora

Yeah, I have the flip, one of my many many gadgets. It has a really terrible wifi range. You pretty much have to be in the same room as Access Point or it loses connection all the time. Otherwise its a really nice machine though!

molgrips
    Free Member

That sounds like it might be a fault with your particular one. No device should be like that.

stumpy01

zippykona – Member

Yeah, that’s weird. It’s not exactly an ergonomic delight, but I can edit a Sheets document with my LG tablet if need be.
    I seem to remember having trouble getting the keyboard up to edit cells, but it was a simple lack of understanding how to do it. Once I pressed enough buttons to work it out, it was fine from there….

stumpy01

zippykona – Member

I’ve just had a look….when you click on a cell it gets highlighted in blue.
    At the bottom of the screen there is a narrow pane with an fx symbol & next to that is an entry field that says ‘Enter text or formula’. You need to click on that to enter the text or numbers into the field. Clicking in there is what brings the keyboard up….

Perhaps that is where you are going wrong by expecting the keyboard to come up when you directly click on the cell you want to edit?

Stoner
    Free Member

Am typing this on my flip now.

Cracking bit of kit, and if you switch to developer channel it will run Android runtime (so google play store apps etc). Ive not had any instability running dev channel either.

Not sure I’ve had much problem with the wifi but then the house is flooded with wifi APs.

Proprietary charger connection is the only negative Ive found so far. It doesnt feel very strong and of course if it dies tracking down a new one will be a pain Im sure.

Touch screen is responsive and predictable. Screen isnt the brightest, but battery life is good as a result.

zippykona

Can you connect a printer by cable?

scotroutes

The issue might be getting a driver.

Anyway, that’s another question….

nemesis
    Free Member

Zippy, no you can’t. You have to set the printer up for cloud print though most modern ones do that. Or you can connect it to a PC which then allows cloud printing.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Google Apps on iOS … there are downloadable apps, I think you are best using them rather than the browser interface

zippykona

We use wifi printing with no problems but plugging in a cable would have been a bonus.

molgrips
    Free Member

No, but you also don’t need to use Cloud print either necessarily.

Our HP worked over our local network automatically, I think we jsut had to install the HP printer app from Chrome store, but I can’t remember exactly now.

stumpy01

molgrips – Member

No, but you also don’t need to use Cloud print either necessarily.

Our HP worked over our local network automatically, I think we jsut had to install the HP printer app from Chrome store, but I can’t remember exactly now.

Yeah, as above. Our Wi-Fi printer doesn’t do Google Cloud or whatever it’s called, but there’s an Epson Print app. It’s not a brilliant app but means I can print directly from my phone or tablet.

Stoner
    Free Member

you can do the same with canon printers (although all modern canons are google print compatible) – I use the app to manage scanning and sending documents to GDrive.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘One last chrome book question.’ is closed to new replies.