Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • One is helping as best one can
  • BermBandit
    Free Member

Nice to see that her nibs is pitching in with the rest of us for a change by cutting her staffs biennial Christmas do…… (I was sure Xmas came ever year)

nickc

I wonder how much Christmas at Sandringham, then New Year at Balmoral costs each year…

BermBandit
    Free Member

I have to say a Xmas meal with all the trimmings, gut full of ale , fumble with the office bike at the Brickmakers Arms followed by a kebab and an upchuck in the High Street never cost £83 for any of my lot, or for that matter £42 per annum as it happens.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I wonder how their spend compares to the cumulative spend of our “elected” government?

druidh
    Free Member

Most of that money will be in the form of employing others directly or for services and goods. Is it better that she hoards all the money and that some folk have less at Christmas as a result?

BermBandit
    Free Member

The point that I found interesting is how would the removal of an altruistic gesture like a staff Christmas party, apparently paid for out of her own pocket have any bearing whatsoever on the economy. Its not a government cut where there is a straight line relationship between expenditure and debt. It was her money to spend as she chose prior to the decision, and it remains her money to spend as she choses after the decision. How it is possible to to relate that to some sort of personal sacrifice to the greater and common good of the state is totally beyond me. At best this is reducing personal expenditure at the cost of others before Osborne get to her IMHO.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Does the Queen not receive some of her income from tax receipts?

BermBandit
    Free Member

Yes, but shes not offering to give any back, merely to withdraw something that leaves the dosh in her pocket. i.e. no benefit to anyone other than queeny. Thats the point

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘One is helping as best one can’ is closed to new replies.