Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • One for ton (or any other tall/large riders)
  • ronjeremy
    Free Member

Just sorting through the man cave and I found an old steel spesh hardtail frame, it’s very large (23inch) but if you want it mate it’s yours for postage, I’ll sort out some pictures and post them later if any one is interested. Would make a good hack or s/s. It’s way too big for me, so I doubt I’ll ever use it.

ton

ron jeremy…………much appreciated mate, but i have two xl frames i am trying to get rid of myself.
    had a big old clear out to get myself down to 1 road bike and 1 mtb.
    so sadly i will have to say no.

thanks for the offer mate… 8)

ronjeremy
    Free Member

No worries ton, i just don’t want to bin it, so if anyone else wants to give it a try I’ll do pictures in a bit. Only two bikes now ton??? Clearing space for the January sales?

ton

😉

z1ppy

Got a V-brake only 21″ Claude Butler sitting in the garage if anyone wants it? Nothing special but I’m loathed to dump it into the tip

(btw nr stourbridge)

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Oh maybe we should start a ‘Free to good home/postage only bikes and bits’ thread…

ton

ron, good idea that.

but just watch out for the scotes who do nothing but trade on the classifieds cashing in on your good generosity.

TooTall
    Free Member

I’ve got a 72cm road frame inbound, so no room at this inn – but thanks for the thought!

cynic-al
    Free Member

freaks!

MrTall
    Free Member

TooTall – 72cm?? Really? Where did you source that from, is it that American website that makes the road bikes with the worlds longest and ugliest headtubes – i seem to remember you linking to it a year or two back? My dimensions are very similar to yours and i’m on a standard 63cm. Thought about a Koga road bike which comes in a 66cm as standard but a 72 sounds crazy. Make sure you post some pics when it arrives please.

Ron, if you can post up a pic i’ll have a look at it please, i could swap it with my existing cheapo merlin 22″ frame on my hack bike although it’d probably be more hassle than it’s worth. Nice offer though.

ton

i am tiny compared to you two.
    58/60cm fits me ok.

and i am not that much heavier now…….still shrinking. 8)

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Good point ton, to be honest that’s why I thought I’d offer it up to you first as opposed to sticking on the classifieds, seems a shame to say it, but sadly that’s how the classifieds seems to be working at present, which is a pity for the genuine people out there, that said I’m yet to have a bad experience on it, but I suppose I am just over cautious and maybe have missed out on stuff by asking too many questions.

MrTall I’m about to take some pictures now mate

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

This thread nicely shows that it’s the big people who’re the nice ones. 😉

ronjeremy
    Free Member

For MrTall and any one else who may be interested

Sorry about picture quality, just taken with my phone

and yes it has snowed in South Wales

TooTall
    Free Member

Mr Tall – it is from another member of this very forum – a 20-odd year old Cannondale that was in a garage for most of it’s life. It fits lovely as well.
    I really like the Soma ES – 66cm, steel and (in the USA anyway) a good price.

ton

ron…………nice too that frame 8)

MrTall
    Free Member

Hmmm Ron, tempted by that as it has rack mounts which my current pub/shop bike doesn’t. Only downside is the lack of disc mount given it’s age. I do have a spare rear v-brake and lever though…..

How much do you reckon it’d cost to send it? I already have a 21″ 2000 vintage Hardrock which was my old commute bike so a 23″ would be a better fit as i found mine a tad small. Do you know what size seatpost it takes, i’m guessing it won’t be the same as the 30.9 on my Alu one? Cheers.

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Been on the look out for one of them!

If Mr Tall won’t have it I will 🙂

Espeshally as I’m down South Wales way between Old and New Year.

We should do a freakily big bike pics thread:

My 21 (or is it 20.5) Stumpy:

ronjeremy
    Free Member

MrTall email me (addy in profile) and I’ll let you know

Andy, I’ll keep you posted as to how it goes

Edric64
    Free Member

I would be interested in your Spesh frame if you have no takers yet.

TooTall
    Free Member

Andy – your bikes wouldn’t look so bad if you bought the right size!

taka
    Free Member

if anyone wants another one only in black/red/white ive got one in my workshop someone can have for postage its a 21″ or 23″

MrTall
    Free Member

Ron,

Lovely of you to offer but as others seem to want it more than me i’d suggest you let one of them have it as i’d only use it as a runaround/hack bike whereas they actually may use it for its proper purpose.

Cheers anyway but let me know if it falls through with the other interested parties as i would take it rather than seeing it get binned.

Hope it goes to a deserving home – maybe Andy as his Spesh looks way too small – get a 29er Andy!!!! 😉

ronjeremy
    Free Member

No worries MrTall, as I said it’s too big for me, so I’d rather give it away to a deserved owner who’d build it up and ride it, and seeing as how Andy has been after one and is down my way between Crimbo and New Year, it does make sense.

So Andy email me surfydave(AT)googlemail(DOT)com and we’ll arrange meeting up.

Thanks all, turned into a nice thread this, bit of STW positivity to try and restore the balance.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘One for ton (or any other tall/large riders)’ is closed to new replies.