Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • One for TJ
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I'd want a lot more than £42k

Tax free I assume so nearer a £60k salary in real terms (can't be bothered to calculate it)

hora
    Free Member

After finishing Uni I spent a spell on the rock n roll. I still shudder (actually fear- the only time in my life I've actually felt fear) thinking about it.

I think you need a certain mindset to actually want to spend time doing nothing with nothing else but kids to look forward to.

enfht
    Free Member

Hey leave TJ alone, the article is clearly exaggerated, it's obvious at least 4 of those kids have been photo-shopped into the picture 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Padowan – you are clearly not a learner – the Force is strong in you LOL

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Now I don't agree with the fact they can keep knocking out kids and claiming more and more, but is a £50 p/m sky sub a lot?

I actually think quite the opposite. They can have as many kids as they want on benefits but the money they receive should be spent frugally. £50 for satellite TV is an obscenely unnecessary expenditure.

spacemonkey

Lazy feckers.

Those two parents are now the latest entries on my list for culling.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Those two parents are now the latest entries on my list for culling.

I'm sure you're on their Xmas card list too… 🙄

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

£50 for satellite TV is an obscenely unnecessary expenditure.

Agreed – especially as it isn't a '£50 to Spend on Sky or Drink and Fags allowance'. But I guess it is difficult to stop people spending money where they want to when it is given as a living allowance.

spacemonkey

I'm sure you're on their Xmas card list too…

If they're thinking of buying me one using tax-payers' money as opposed to their own, then they can **** off.

anokdale
    Free Member

Whats worse is the kids will see their parents not working and see that as the norm and i would wager a healthy sum be happy to take up the same career.

It is wrong, it should not be allowed to happen when folk putting in a shift can get nothing like that amount of expendable income.

Anyway it is all Labour fault .. buying votes 😉

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

"Whats worse is the kids will see their parents not working and see that as the norm and i would wager a healthy sum be happy to take up the same career."
    Sadly endemic in this neck of the woods, and much of it can be traced back to the 84 strike – lot of blokes found themselves on the scrapheap and ended up believing they were worthless, months turned into years and now we have a whole generation that have never gone out to work. I wont be so glib as to blame it all on the Thatcher government, but she played a part, of that I have no doubt. I made a total career change when I left the pit, but I saw a lot of people that werent able to do that. It feels like the working classes have been replaced by the 'benefit' classes sometimes. Having said that, dont believe everything the media tells you, they've always got an angle of their own to cover.

coffeeking
    Free Member

From first hand discussions with someone managing to do the same as in the article but with fewer sprogs, I can confirm that some people do see it as a career move. When asked what they'd do if they had it all taken off them, they said "find a job". Says a lot really.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I can confirm that some people do see it as a career move. When asked what they'd do if they had it all taken off them, they said "find a job".

Didnt realise you hung out with royalty

coffeeking
    Free Member

"My arse 🙂 "

I've done temp work with people trying to cheat on benefits, lets not say "hang out" 🙂

zaskar
    Free Member

Hmm if this is true we need to shove a large cork up that lady and kick the guy repeatedly until his nuts fire blanks.

I hope this is fake, I'm not angry at the givernement but angry at lazy feckers stealing of the state but again not know the full article info -it could have been 6 ill kids with leukemia etc and you know what the press is like.

Bit racist to gingers I have to admit… 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

It is wrong, it should not be allowed to happen

It's pretty tricky to design a system that get everything perfectly right tho. Personally I'd rather give money to people that don't deserve it than risk giving money to people that do.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘One for TJ’ is closed to new replies.