Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • One for the weight weenies, 2.7kg road bike
  • OmarLittle
    Free Member

see link for details and photos http://antranik.org/worlds-lightest-road-bike-at-2-7kg/

very nice minimalist looks, but i’d be too scared to ride it 😀

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

It doesn’t look very nice.. looks like a cheapy Chinese plastic bike

cynic-al
    Free Member

Blimey.

Wonder how it rides and how long the hubs fur will last.

AndyP
    Free Member

Would be proper lovely (and even lighter) without the comedy saddle padding.
    WANT.

Junkyard
    Free Member

those pedals are a proper cheat and as fr the sadlle padding 😯

What bearings are they using if the hub weighs just 30 g front and 84 g rear

Pointless excercise mind for the obsessive weight weenie

njee20
    Free Member

At least it’s got padding on the saddle – plenty of unpadded ones out there, needn’t be uncomfy either!

Nothing wrong with the Aerolite pedals, they’re the same theory as Speedplay – you basically have the pedal on the bottom of the shoe and the cleat on the axle.

Dash do some really nice parts, those hubs are nuts. Alu cranks too – says Mythic, but they look like EE-Cycleworks to me.

Wonder what the rims are.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Makes a slight moeckery of my target of 6.8kg 🙁

Was rather dissapointed to find it currently weighs 8.8kg and weighing the remaining heavy/OEM bits only yielded about 450g of weight savings . At this rate I might be looking at a new frame after all to reach that target. Either that or I’ll get bored and give up if/when the UCI scrap the weight limit (which seems likely as scraping it and introducing a new testing standard to exceed with CEN would earn them more money).

AndyP
    Free Member

plenty of unpadded ones out there, needn’t be uncomfy either!
    Precisely – surprising how comfy a Flite kit carbonio with all padding removed can be.

njee20
    Free Member

Was rather dissapointed to find it currently weighs 8.8kg and weighing the remaining heavy/OEM bits only yielded about 450g of weight savings

What wheels have you got? Potentially big savings there.

neil853
    Free Member

Wow 😯

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What wheels have you got? Potentially big savings there.

Yep, ordered stans alpha rims (£150 off CRC), and Sokin/MrRide/Rotaz hubs (£55 ebay) , Ti kcnc lookalike squewers (£12.50 ebay).

Going to lace them 24F 28R as I’m not that light and reviews sugested the stans wheelsets with 16/20 were to flexy.

Currently got what were intended to be winter wheels but ended up being my only wheels, shimano R550 (1850g + 121g) with shwalbe blizzard (275) and no-name tubes (120).

So by my reckoning the totoal lost there is another 810g.

Still about a lb heavy.

njee20
    Free Member

Stem/post/bars/saddle.

mustard
    Free Member

My mr ride hubs arrived yesterday, very light but I feel a little ripped off; the customs declaratin says they’re only worth $10 😉

Spokes to be ordered today.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘One for the weight weenies, 2.7kg road bike’ is closed to new replies.