Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • One for the TV buffs.
  • bluearsedfly
    Free Member

To cut a long story short (which involves kids, a conservatory and a party tomorrow) I need to pick up a new telly in the morning.

Not too fussed about passive/active 3D etc, would like 3+ HDMI, smart tv, good with football/F1 and xbox, 50″ish.

If you had to pick one of these which would you go for?

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv—all/samsung/ue48h6400/sams-ue48h6400

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv—all/panasonic/viera-tx50as650b/pana-tx50as650

I fully expect several suggestions for around 12k but in light of what and where it will be used and what for, I’m open to suggestions similar to the links above (from Richer Sounds).

Cheers!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’d go along and have a look at the picture to see which I preferred but if that didn’t point to a clear winner I’d go for the Panasonic based purely on owning two TV’s over the last 20 years that have both been Panasonic’s. Got 14 years out of the first one and 6 so far out of the current model.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Panasonic if I had the choice

Father in law has one, 42 inch and the picture blow my LG properly out of the water, in HD crystal clarity

speed12
    Free Member

The Samsung is fantastic – definitely go for that. Check out the What Hifi Review of it (and any others to be honest).

Slightly biased as I have one myself, but it really is superb.

CheesybeanZ

We got the 42″ Panasonic with the matching sound bar , excellent combo .

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve got a Panasonic and a Samsung TV in the house, admittedly not those specific models, but for me the Panasonic is the better set. The Samsung is a perfectly good set, nothing wrong with it, but to my eye the Panasonic edges.

trademark
    Free Member

I have older (non-smart) versions of both TVs in different rooms. Nothing between them in quality I’d say but Samsungs usually win in terms of connectivity.

tinybits
    Free Member

I bought that Samsung earlier in the year. It’s very, very good. Can’t compare to the Panasonic, but you wouldn’t be upset with the Samsung.
    When I looked, John Lewis was doing deal on it as well.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Got the 42″ version of the Samsung – picture’s excellent and interface for smart telly is simple and straightforward.

Milkie
    Free Member

Samsung, due to amount of settings for each source, hugely customisable settings to get it looking perfect for each source.

marcus7
    Free Member

Ive got the old version of the panasonic in 55″ its picture quality is amazing and its easy to use, the apps etc are, however crap.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Went for the 4k Panasonic in the end thanks http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv—all/panasonic/viera-tx50cx680b/pana-tx50cx680b

Managed to get it for £799 in store so happy with that. Hard work getting my head round all this smart tv stuff.

Cougar

Have you got any 4K sources to watch on it?

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Just netflix at the moment, hoping there’s more to come.

And I can watch my technical dismounts shredits from my gopro.

squirrelking
    Free Member

My older Panasonic does fantastic SD, something I think a lot of other TV’s fall down on. Good choice, hope the Vieracast is better for your model than mine, Czech news is only entertaining for so long…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘One for the TV buffs.’ is closed to new replies.