Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • One for the surfers…or anyone who appreciates big waves
  • Creg

15 minute film of the Code Red swell that hit Tahiti last year when the Billabong Pro was on

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIBgWI_BTyM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Amazing stuff 😯

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My mind is well and trully boggled

While the surfers are here, recomend me a longboard for a beginner, 6ft/95kg. Given up with ebay as there seems to be a limited choice and it always seems to be too far away. 9ft2 NSP, Cortez or similar?

stevie750

10ft bic

BillMC

I’ve got a 9 foot tri fin custom mal I bought new in Molloolalaba, Qld, in very good condition as it has been rarely used (plus robust travel bag). I’d be open to reasonable offers. I also have a 9 foot 9 inch Beachbeat board which I keep for my very occasional forays into the surf. I wouldn’t recommend 10′ as it would be hard to manouevre and as your skill level develops it will quickly become redundant.
    ps I’m 6 foot, 95kg and have surfed on and off for 30 years (and I live in Rutland).

gusamc
    Free Member

possibly look for surftech or tuflite material one, as a heavy short arse (I can’t get my arm around board[fingers round] – so have to actually grip….. I’m 85ishKg – McTavish 8ft6), expensive but I find the weight/float much better (but I also like Southpoint 8ft 4 I think it is)

(Bic do get good reviews)

docstar
    Free Member

When I got back into surfing I used a bic malibu 7’9″ minimal, very good boards look at NSP or cortez boards in or around that size.

jam-bo

Unless you want to learn to longboard, then you don’t need a board that big.

highclimber
    Free Member

The question is now, where do you go after doing something like that!!

I think Heroin or crack is the only option to get a bigger high.

jam-bo

Ask Andy Irons…

Pezzers
    Free Member

I have a 7ft 6 Hydralite for sale on ebay nice beginners board its up to £150 with leash and bag. Board is in mint condition.

Buy something like this get yourself surfing then decide do you want to be a longboarder or a shortboarder.

Or do like me I have just bought a 9ft 6 nineplus trim king 4 and a 6ft 6 gulf stream speed dialer.

grum
    Free Member

Not a surfer but that’s amazing – great film.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

best use of 15 mins of my lunch break for ages – top vid, thanks.

easygroove
    Free Member

The lips on those waves are so heavy it makes me scared just looking at them!

@thisisnotaspoon – i would recommend something between 7ft 6′-8ft. you don’t need a longboard (ie. over 9ft). you do need it to be 3” thick. The extra foam will give you buoyancy, making it easier to paddle and easier to catch waves. The main thing w surfing is wave count, you will never improve if you aren’t catching waves!

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

recomend me a longboard for a beginner, 6ft/95kg

Longboards aren’t for beginners, they’re for longboarding. A decent mid-length should suit.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

well said Sponging-machine.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘One for the surfers…or anyone who appreciates big waves’ is closed to new replies.