• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by sas78.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • one for the serial bike swappers.
  • ton

one for all my fellow serial bike swappers. i have tried em all over the years, owning bikes from well over 20 manufacturers.
    from full rigid, to 1st gen suspension forks, to hefty cheap full sus bikes, and to far too lightweight race bikes. had sloppy bouncy dh bikes and every conceivable ‘hardcore’ hard tail available when i wanted one.
    swapped bikes in the past after 1 ride, even decided to sell a certain bike the minute i finished building it.
    always wanted to try something else. just incase it was THE one.

as of today my bike swapping days are over. it has been fun. 8)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Is this the Jones?

Nice bike that.

8)

garage-dweller

Eh? You given up cycling or finally bought something you like?

Edit: penny dropped.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

The one thing you can be sure of with serial bike swappers is that despite protestations of finding the one true bike, they’ll already by another one.

garage-dweller

Sweepstake on which day next week 😛

Anyway thread is useless without pictures…

ajantom

Thing is, you can have ‘the one’ and still have others 😉

My Krampus is most definitely my favourite bike ever, and will never be got rid of (seeing a theme with the 29+ here!) But I’ve got another 5 bikes that are all great too.

ton

i suppose it might be the Jones, always wanted one, nearly bought one 10 years ago, glad i didnt, it gave me chance to try a whole load of bikes.

finally realised when you are as big as me, that most bikes are gonna be a compromise. kidded myself for years otherwise. i think most big blokes buy a bike and do the same thing, being honest and admitting you have spunked a load of dosh on the wrong bike is a hard thing to admit.
    suspension dont work so well with 20stone on it. a air shock is pretty useless being run at it’s upper limits. a coil shock dont give up it’s travel so easily when it is rated for such a weight.
    most bike products are designed for 13-15 stone. add 5 stone and a ruck sack and it dont feel so nice to ride.

i think a 29+ is the nearest thing to a perfect bike for a very tall, very big, very heavy bloke.
    and so, my search ends.

bonesetter
    Free Member

We still need pics

bonesetter
    Free Member

First dibs on the Plus btw 🙂

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

‘It’s me laaaast fag I swear. This time! You see if I don’t!’

Been there. Said exactly that when I bought the latest. Why did I also go and demo a Longitude? Luckily can barely afford the one I have so will rag it royally beyond the honeymoon.

If there is OBTRTA (One Bike To Rule Them All) you need to allow lesser bikes into the kingdom. A bit like a harem but the queen always gets ridden the most. Until you spend more time on the gravel bike and the mtb gets sold in to fund upgrade of the gravel bike. Then you miss it. Then you’re back at square one.

* Edit: Too many sexual metaphors in that. I am suitably ashamed.

Denis99
    Free Member

I had a Jones Spaceframe, and really did like it.

The only problem for me was the rigid fork.

If only there was a bike like the Jones with front suspension…

Recently bought an ebike, fat bike as well.
    Fitted it with Lauf forks, works very well, but still have some left of centre Wren suspension forks.

Would really like to have bonded with the Jones, but the rigid forks are just too much for me.

I can understand why you are happy though.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

*taps fingers & waits for Ton’s next ‘best bike ever’ thread* 8)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The bike for life, best bike I will ever own the one I’m exceptionally happy with that I will never change is my next one…

BigDummy
    Free Member

Good. 😀

It is a very handsome thing.

hora
    Free Member

Meh try a Meta V4 next. I’ll be changing it when the V5 comes out though 8)

sas78

Ton, can I just say thanks for my Inbred frame and tyres – I love my/your Inbred! 😀

Inbred Alfine

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘one for the serial bike swappers.’ is closed to new replies.