Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • One for the sartorial hive. What jacket? (Not riding)
  • moonboy
    Free Member

The summer is over and cooler days are upon us. While cutting a dash around the city the elegant STWer finds himself a bit chilly when stepping out of his A4 tdi sline avant, wearing just a Howies polo shirt up top. It’s not cold enough yet to bust out the AlpKit puffer but while standing in the street admiring the Bronson C in the window, something with a little bit of warmth, wind and shower proofing would just do the trick.

What would the hive do?

Note: I don’t drive an Audi or ride a 5 but I might have the polo shirt.

Tough crowd?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Not playing polo? Ditch that shirt.
    Oxfam tweed allows a wardrobe full for every occasion.

everyone
    Free Member

I tend to wear a Harrington-a-like or that on one merino jacket in autumn. Neither are particularly shower proof though!

loddrik
    Free Member

Paramo

lunge

My options in this season, and I have to say I am not a sartorial leader in any way, are:
    Thin softshell jacket, black, Decathlon.
    Zip up, hooded sweat shirt, H&M if memory serves.
    Various formal jackets, tweed and cotton depending on the occasion.

tlr

Arc’teryx Atom LT, comes in hooded or none hooded.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Carhartt?

allthepies
    Free Member

footflaps

somouk
    Free Member

I’m in the same position at the moment and I’m looking at something like a lightweight down jacket.

willard

Depending on what is being worn on the lower half, I’d say tweed. A good tweed can be as light or as heavy as you need it to be and it will go with pretty much anything.

I have a relatively lightweight single breasted jacket in a mid-light green that goes nicely with chinos or dark jeans and it is perfect for this sort of weather.

Please, please just wear a shirt though. Polo shirts? no.

AlexSimon

footflaps

Polo shirts? no.

Don’t you know, Polo shirts with an up turned collar are still all the rage in preppy-ville. Standard attire for an up and coming Oxbridge undergrad.

wwaswas

If you go down the Oxfam route don’t compromise on fit;

perchypanther
    Free Member

Depending on what is being worn on the lower half, I’d say tweed.

And a bow tie.

And a fez.
    I wear a fez now.
    Fezzes are cool.

footflaps

hilldodger
    Free Member

swrve softshell deck jacket fits the spec performance wise, not sure if it would get the approval of the brown broguers though……

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘One for the sartorial hive. What jacket? (Not riding)’ is closed to new replies.