Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • One for the photographers-they can't be serious, can they?
  • CountZero

English Heritage claims it owns every single image of Stonehenge, ever

English Heritage claims it owns every single image of Stonehenge, ever

user-removed
    Free Member

Not surprising – try getting a tripod out in any Scottish National Trust property and the resident, fat, beardy photo-nazi staff member trundles up in his wee golf-caddy and lets rip with a tirade of abuse. They are very, very protective of their assets and usually have an arrangement with a few, carefully chosen photographers.

I’ve done a few ‘hit and run’ photoshoots with brides – shoot first ask questions later kind of a thing……

If shooting on commision, most companies wouldn’t ever ask for a shoot on NT SNH EH property as property release are almost impossible to negotiate.

MrSmith
    Free Member

they don’t. especially not if taken from a public space or highway.

most companies wouldn’t ever ask for a shoot on NT SNH EH property as property release are almost impossible to negotiate.

if you are happy to pay the location fee you can shoot and get your property release.

user-removed
    Free Member

Last quote I had (from Gibside, Gateshead) was £400 flat fee for a one hour shoot – and they wanted copyright for any commercial useage, meaning I couldn’t use the shots on website.

EDIT; nice cover shot richpips – my business plan (many years ago) was naievely based around such clients 🙁

Cheers also for the tips about remote strobes in sadwich bags 🙂

richpips
    Free Member

The National Trust will happily sue you if you try and sell a picture taken on their land.

trailmonkey

A.H.D

richpips
    Free Member

EDIT; nice cover shot richpips – my business plan (many years ago) was naievely based around such clients

Cheers also for the tips about remote strobes in sadwich bags

Thanks. 🙂

Oh and even more ghetto on I came acrosss the othe day, is using one of the cheap white carrier bags blown up as a large diffuser.

user-removed
    Free Member

Also good – but brides look bad with ocseT, dleifremoS, or even adsA written accross their foreheads 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Where’s the cover shot? Or am I being really thick?

RE the OP – isn’t the National Trust meant to be maintaining all this stuff for the benefit of the public?

McHamish
    Free Member

It would be difficult to follow up on it, and probably a little costly for English Heritage.

Taking pictures of public buildings is a sore point for many in authority and photographers alike. You can probably buy a Stonehenge calendar in the gift shop with images that English heritage paid good money for, so you can understand them trying to protect what they believe is their asset.

I don’t like the sound of that really…Stonehenge should be Britain’s asset not the property of English Heritage, but then they own the land so I guess they can do what they want.

user-removed
    Free Member

Grum – click on RP’s name. Glad you got your camera back BTW 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Ah yes, seen that before – excellent stuff. And thank you – I am glad too – will try hard not to be such a tool in future!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘One for the photographers-they can't be serious, can they?’ is closed to new replies.