• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by juan.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • One for the people in the trade. What exaclty is
  • juan
    Free Member

A sales manager? I have been called by a reputable company to apply for a sales manager job. However I’d like to have more info from both them and people here 😀
    Thanks you very much indeed

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Depends on the company, I work for a reputable retailer who are currently employing sales managers but the definition of the role will vary from company to company.

robsoctane
    Free Member

I’m a Senior Account Director, working under my Sales Manager. I head a team of 4 and my colleague (job title the same as mine) does the same. The Sales Manager oversees us two and we report to him only. He’s the go to guy really.

empireofthefun
    Free Member

I’m a sales manager but also the sweeper up, finance director and logistics coordinator, aah the joys of self employment

tomhoward

Generally it’s the person who manages the sales team. Compiling sales forecasts, be responsible for hitting targets and making the company money.

juan
    Free Member

Cheers anyone. And what kind of everyday task do you have to do?

molgrips
    Free Member

Manage sales, innit.

ojom
    Free Member

I also do this Sales Manager thing. And wipe around the toilet for splatters. It’s ace.

rp16v
    Free Member

Iv just taken wharehouse manager in the trade from wharehouse assistant in another company, but same basics the team report to u and u report to the boss your there voice but also your boss’s, overview daily targets and genral sales duties and make sure the department is doing its job, if someone is slipping its your place to get them in line.
    Oh and usualy ul get toilet dutys as nobody els gives a shit as they dont get paid as much as u.

boblo
    Free Member

Juan, assuming you are not taking the pee…. Is it a good idea to be interviewed for a role you have no clue about? Good luck if you blag it tho 🙂

Nobby

In my last place he was the guy that took all the credit when things were going well then blamed everyone else when it wasn’t.

juan
    Free Member

not taking the piss indeed, I do have some knowledge of the bike world which is I guess a bonus. Company is local and they think I can do it plus I speak the 3 languages required.
    I just got the job description in my mail box so I have a bit more info.
    I am seeing them thursday morning before the ROC will keep you posted.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘One for the people in the trade. What exaclty is’ is closed to new replies.