• This topic has 20 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by jkomo.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • One for the Murdered Out Fans (and idiot commuters)
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can’t see it…

A British company has produced a “strange, alien” material so black that it absorbs all but 0.035 per cent of visual light, setting a new world record. To stare at the “super black” coating made of carbon nanotubes – each 10,000 times thinner than a human hair – is an odd experience. It is so dark that the human eye cannot understand what it is seeing. Shapes and contours are lost, leaving nothing but an apparent abyss.

Is this what Rockshox have been using?

martinhutch

It is so dark that the human eye cannot understand what it is seeing. Shapes and contours are lost, leaving nothing but an apparent abyss.

Sounds like parts of Burnley.

chambord
    Free Member

I would love to be able to look at something made of it, but I suspect it’s a tiny sample in a lab somewhere.

nedrapier

It would be pretty eyecatching, though.

Like the aliens in “Attack the Block”

D0NK

Is this what Rockshox have been using?

from the article it seems prohibitively expensive.

Keep an eye out for it on the 2015 fox range, along with a price even more eye watering than the looks.

fasthaggis

I would love to be able to look at something made of it, but I suspect it’s a tiny sample in a lab somewhere.

I found a photo with 200ml of it in a beaker.

theotherjonv

All Lionel Messi’s performances that contributed to him winning the Ballon d’or at this year’s world cup were made of this stuff. Because I sure as hell didn’t see them.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Sounds like parts of Burnley Lancashire.

FTFY

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Keep an eye out for it on the 2015 fox range, along with a price even more eye watering than the looks.

I actually thought Rapha had got the lot for proper mamil’s trying to find something a little more slimming

d45yth
    Free Member

It reminded me if this:
    [video]http://youtu.be/P5_Msrdg3Hk[/video]

gwaelod
    Free Member

Hotblack Desiato

Sundive

rocketman
    Free Member

It is so dark that the human eye cannot understand what it is seeing. Shapes and contours are lost, leaving nothing but an apparent abyss.

Yup aka Wolverhampton

cynic-al
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

One for the Murdered Out Fans (and idiot commuters)

Surely that reflective stuff will adhere to it?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

andyl
    Free Member

I’ve always wondered if you could do this with CNTs.

Generally everything yo do with them ends up black anyway regardless of how much you use.

I am guessing these are just some sort of buckypaper or maybe they are vertical forests.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I couldn’t help but think of those old Roadrunner cartoons with stick on holes…

nach
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySGMnmiqlss[/video]

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Jonnys had an absolute sh*t fit!

CountZero

I am guessing these are just some sort of buckypaper or maybe they are vertical forests.

Nanotubes stacked vertically, so forests, like looking into stacked straws painted matt black.

Hotblack Desiato

Sundive

The on switch is lit up black, with black writing on a black background.

garage-dweller

The on switch is lit up black, with black writing on a black background.

But can you remember what the teleport was described as on the invoice for the ship?

jkomo

How much more black could it be?

Bollocks, should’ve checked.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘One for the Murdered Out Fans (and idiot commuters)’ is closed to new replies.