Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • One for the mountaineers :)
  • epicyclo
    druidh
    Free Member

Aye – they’ve been around for a few years, but funny how I’ve yet to actually see one 🙄

“Going uphill you can climb unrestricted, with hands and senses free, then swoosh back down to valley level either standing or kneeling according to the terrain!”

Yee gads!!!

epicyclo

Looks like the perfect single speeders bike. No pedals, so need for the pretence of cycling up hills 🙂

No UK dealers though.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Aye, but is it a bike or is it a scooter? If it’s a bike i’ll have one. If it’s a scooter I wouldn’t be seen dead on it. 😉

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Bizarre device.

I love the way the perfect couple in the orange Beetle are ready to start walking the instant the car comes to rest; no half an hour of faffing, drinking coffee, swearing, re-packing rucksacks…

Except they couldn’t re-pack their rucksacks anyway since all they have room for is a Sigg waterbottle. Which is all they need in their perfect world where the weather is always perfect and the descents have no level or uphill bits or bits that aren’t perfectly rideable at the perfect gradient so they never have to faff and swear at having to continually dis- and re-assemble the ruckbike to negotiate repeated sections of steeper ground.

Where is this Promised Land? Do I have to be German to live there?

mustard
    Free Member

Lolz!

Kneeling like a monk

Looks a bit twitchy on a couple of those shots too 😯

mustard
    Free Member

Lolz!

Kneeling like a monk

Looks a bit twitchy on a couple of those shots too 😯

druidh
    Free Member

Could be the start of a bad habit…

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Quite a small bike – how sturdy do you think it would be?

Probably fine for a 10 stone weakling like me, but would it make someone like ton sure?

highclimber
    Free Member

those wheels are about the size of a 10p piece! pointless!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Have you spotted the front suspension, looks like a rear shock.

I’ve hired monster scooters in Saas Grund Switzerland, that was an absolute hoot. I think it was about 1500m of descent and took approx 20mins from Kruezboden lift station to Saas Grund, all on rough tracks or forest road. It was a bit hairy tho with heavy climbing sacks.
    Anyway, like S_C, looks fun in their fantasy world, in reality, it would probably be a PITA constantly lifting over, pushing up and carrying. Although, his Gore-tex habit looks like a good design.

epicyclo

It’s based on the German-A fork.

Pretty nifty parallelogram action.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

One thing that I’ve always thought would be a good idea, if you could buy a rucksack that was purposely designed for lashing your MTB frame and wheels to, don’t expect it would sell very well tho.

jhw
    Free Member

One thing that I’ve always thought would be a good idea, if you could buy a rucksack that was purposely designed for lashing your MTB frame and wheels to, don’t expect it would sell very well tho.

That is a killer idea – would be sooo useful

epicyclo

I like the thinking behind this rucksack scooter thing.

A simple basic bike that could go on your back would nicely extend your range in the mountains.

A modern version of this Dursley Pedersen for example.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘One for the mountaineers :)’ is closed to new replies.