Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • One for the medics…the reason the NHS failed you today is because…
  • brack
    Free Member

I drove my response car on blue lights to a young mother who…

Dialled 999 because the wheel on her pram was flat and therefore couldn't walk her child who had a cold to the doctors surgery.

Another 8 minute response time missed.

brack
    Free Member

coffeeking
    Free Member

Stupid woman.

But are you trying to blame missed 8 minute responses on people calling you?

tails
    Free Member

Un******believable!! People really should be paying a £25 fee for such things. Still its not your fault brack, i'm sure you try your best to provide a decent service.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

The one that makes me laugh is when a parent demands a house call and you phone back to ask them to come to the surgery and you get the response " well if you cant be bothered to come out then i'll take them to a+e". I usually point out that we are a few hundred yards away and I have offered to get your child seem immediately, but if you want to travel 10 miles and wait 4 hours to be seen then go ahead!

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

When I worked in a+e we often had reports from paramedics of scummers who would call 999 feigning illness and then walk off when they arrived at a+e cured. basically a+e was in the centre of town and they wanted a free ride in. Should be banged up for that!

brack
    Free Member

That happens a lot….!

Though the local crews got wise to it ! and 'they' developed a great way of stamping that little trick out.

…..

thegreatape
    Free Member

Take them to a hospital in the next town?

Drac

Hmmm let's see.

Old guy wanted someone to help him put his trousers on.

Woman worried if she went to hospital what would happen to her dog.

Then there's the classics

"So how long have you had this shortness of breath?"

"About 15 years now!"

"So you fell and hurt your leg when was that?"

"4 weeks ago."

"So the Dr gave you anti-biotics and they'e not working, when did you get them?"

"About 2 this afternoon"

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Did you fix her puncture though? 🙂

Karinofnine

I hate when an ambulance (or fire engine) is coming with its lights and sirens on and cars still don't move out of the way. I really get annoyed. So annoyed in fact that I often shout! And once at some lights I leapt into the middle of the road with my bike and held the traffic up because the bloody car drivers were just sitting looking sheepish. Grrrrr!

Any time I've called the ambulance it's because I'm bleeding and/or broken, I just want them to get here please, and when they do I'm really grateful.

THANK YOU TO THE EMERGENCY SERVICES, I for one appreciate you.

brack
    Free Member

…noooo far less complicated and wasteful than taking them to another hospital.

They abused the system on a regular basis just to get a lift into the city on a weekend…so we like to make a fuss of them …..to give them a bit of extra attention.

En route to the hospital we would perform the 'foot reflex test' followed by opening the ambulance door.

The pampering continued – wheeled into A&E on a stretcher to save them from walking.

Funny how many single shoes there are in the gutters of the local roads isn't it?

coffeeking
    Free Member

You really can't get quite that stressed Karinofnine, you'll end up having a heart attack and needing the ambulance! I've seen some dumb moves pulled in front of emergency vehicles but they rarely hold them up more than a couple of seconds, they're pretty skilled at picking their way through.

Drac

Funny how many single shoes there are in the gutters of the local roads isn't it?

I have no idea what you mean? 🙄

"So you've fallen off that wall have you, your a bit clean for that, still you say you have and have no money for a room tonight and or miles from home so can't be that."

"Think we better get you on this spinal board, what's that you have some pain. Ok we better cut your jumper, coat and shirt off then don't want to make the pain worse. What the pain has eased now we need to cut you trousers off. Ah ok"

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Surely part of the blame would be on the civvie in the call centre who took the call? Or was he/she fed some bull in order to get the ambo there?

Drac

Some people can work the system Aphex.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Loving your work there brack!

Reminds me of some of the wannabee teenage gangsters that used to get locked up in Nottingham. There was no shame in getting lifted and spending several hours in a cell. There was massive shame when they had to walk all the way home through the city centre in custody clothes after their own had been seized. Tight white T-shirt, navy school type jogging bottoms and black elasticated gym pumps anyone? 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘One for the medics…the reason the NHS failed you today is because…’ is closed to new replies.