Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • one for the mechanics
  • Taff
    Free Member

Got a pug 206 and the front seat is stuck becuase the sliding stop has decided the shear it end off and is now stuff towards the front of the runner right behind front torq bolt. I was going to remove the seat and runners and shake it but obviously I can’t move the seat back to get at the runners in the first place. I can take the seat off independantly to the runners but them I still can’t access the interal of the runners to get at the broken bit.

Anyone got any cleaver ideas or something that I may have overlooked?

this kind of thing always happens the day before I plan to go away. Mrs wasn’t too keen on going to work with her face pressed up against the windscreen so think a trip back to Wales is going to be out of the question!

meehaja
    Free Member

cut it off, get new runners from scrappy?

Should be fairly solid metal so trying to bend it and then bend it back is probably out of the question (and may damage the floor (very bad)

take seat out and drive from the back seat (with platform soles obviously)

Taff
    Free Member

Cutting it off is a last resort but there’s a ig scrappy near my Dads so will be able to do that over the weekend if needs be. Definately won’t bend anyway. It’s not the end of the world as it’s the passenger seat anyway but still annoying!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

is there a nut/bolt underneath the car that you can access?

andyl
    Free Member

big hammer

Taff
    Free Member

No. The runners are held down by four torq bolt that screw into the chassis itself and that’s it. Can’t get a screw drive in to try and tw*t the latch and hope it breaks off as the front torq fitting is in the way. Got a reasonably bedny steel road so will be trying that to see if I can lift it up slightly enabling me to runnit back but it sounds too easy to actually work!

Taff
    Free Member

All sorted. Came out with some strong words and a bendy metal bar. Phew!

McHamish
    Free Member

Ha yes…my wife tells me that I swear like a trooper when doing DIY. I’m positive it helps.

I learnt the technique from my Dad.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘one for the mechanics’ is closed to new replies.