Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • One for the lights people
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Which cheap lights are readily available, burn brighter than the sum and last forever?

Failing that, what can I pick up for less than £50 from somewhere like Deal Extreme than has a 2-3 hour burn time and will be as bright or brighter than the pair of 3 year old CREE Romisen torches I currently have strapped to my helmet.

The two torch approach works okay with about 1.5 hours per torch on CR123 rechargeables but if I run both torches together I don’t get much of a ride and if I run them individually things get a bit sketchy when I speed up.

Not too worried about looks or branding as I don’t care what other people think. Don’t fancy my own home made lights after my last experience/fire.

woody2000

I bought one of these as a headtorch – http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13095

Very bright, not sure of burn time as I only switch it on for fast/sketchy stuff. Pretty tight beam, so really suited to head mounting. Simple on/off, no multi mode nonsene and only $13. Even with a couple of batteries and a charger it’d be about $30. Guess you could back it up with a brighter, more floody torch on the bars.

Alternatively – what about a Tiddler? Tiddler

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Either the deal extreme bike light or a p7 led torch

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Which deal e=Extreme bike light?

Burn time is what I am after and all the torches I look at seem to last about 1-1.5hours

z1ppy
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘One for the lights people’ is closed to new replies.