Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • One for the hero drivers
  • epicyclo
    stumpy01

Pretty good ad, that one.

alpin
    Free Member

see that a fwe years ago….
    very good.

i like the fact there are these sort of adverts around. particularly like some of the UK ones, too….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think it was originally an Australian one but it got dropped here for being to hard hitting (doing it’s job)

DrP

Effective video.

DrP

Northwind

That “other people make mistakes” is probably a really strong message- loads of people thing they’re infallible and it’s hard to convince them otherwise but it’s not hard to convince an infallible driver that everyone but him is a moron.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

but it’s not hard to convince an infallible driver that everyone but him is a moron.

Reading the I am a Driving GOD threads in here, the infallible need no convincing, every other driver is a moron but their speed of light reactions will see them right…

epicyclo

mikewsmith – Member
    Reading the I am a Driving GOD threads in here, the infallible need no convincing, every other driver is a moron but their speed of light reactions will see them right…

Hopefully watching this ad will make them realise there’s other idiots on the road. You know, the sort of “idiot” who assumes that oncoming traffic is travelling no faster than the speed limit and pulls out based on that… 🙂

Drac

What an idiot why didn’t he just walk back and get his son out of the car instead of standing talking.

molgrips
    Free Member

On STW, every other driver is a moron when we’re riding bikes; but when we’re driving cars fast everyone’s entirely responsible and competent.

bedmaker

Excellent ad.

It’s reinforcing my feelings of getting back on a motorbike which struggles to get over 60, not that the one I have is a rocketship.

People make mistakes, even me. Except when I used to have an Audi, I was perfect then.

gogg
    Free Member

Very good, think twice because the other guys a drongo.

A nice bit of reverse psychology, it wasn’t my fault, but it was….

molgrips
    Free Member

Defensive driving is hardly a new concept… It’s what I’ve been saying on here for years, for instance.

That’s a follow-on comment to the posters btw, the original ad is indeed excellent and needs showing here.

Northwind

molgrips – Member

Defensive driving is hardly a new concept… It’s what I’ve been saying on here for years, for instance.

Of course- but it’s one they don’t use much in safety campaigns. TBH it’s maybe a wee bit cynical- “Don’t be a dick full stop” is a better message than “Watch out, don’t be a dick because someone else might be a dick”. But whatever works!

(nb- the driver approaching the junction is speeding in the ad, I don’t know how obvious that is)

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I reckon they could make a cycling version of this. Not entirely sure on the script though – ideas?

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s not necessarily the other driver being a dick though – we just make simple mistakes.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Who is this we you speak of? I don’t make mistakes when I’m driving a car. I may deviate from best practice frequently, but I don’t make mistakes. 😉

tinybits
    Free Member

Excellent advert, I tend to drive a bit too fast and it’s certainly made me think, especially around other traffic.

(nb- the driver approaching the junction is speeding in the ad, I don’t know how obvious that is)

I think the hint is in the view of the speedo, the car creeping forward and the bloke saying ‘sorry, I’m driving too fast’

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s quite common to come to a junction, see a clear road as far as you can and start to pull out when someone comes along much too fast and has to brake. They tend to beep and flash at you, but it’s their speed that’s played you offside. You have technically pulled out in front of them, but they gave you no choice.

Coyote
    Free Member

That needs showing over here.

However the “making progress”, “driving within MY limits” and “speed doesn’t kill” crowd it’s aimed at won’t take a blind bit of notice.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘One for the hero drivers’ is closed to new replies.