Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • One for the geeks : smart phone content
  • juan
    Free Member

Right, the SO has a significant number of freebies point and want to change her cellphone.
    So far she is interested in the following mobiles:
    Sony Ericsson Vivaz
    Blackberry curves 8520
    LG viewty smile
    HTC legend
    Samsung galaxy spica

On the paper (well on the screen actually) they all seem to have similar functions except the blackberry which lake touch screen.

What would be the conundrum of the STW collective for the previous phones.

Thank you very much…

P.S. No, no need to say it, the i-word is too expensive so it's a definite no no…

psychle
    Free Member

HTC Desire… end of thread 🙂

halfbee
    Free Member

as above

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tang
    Free Member

just got a desire, very good indeed.

juan
    Free Member

Sorry guys can we stick to the list please 😀
    Others may not be available for the network or too expensive.

defaultslipper
    Free Member

i am using the legend and so far have been very impressed. doesn't quite have the power of the desire but nicer looking and a little bit more solid if she is planning on taking it out riding.
    i chose it over the others because:
    a) i liked the android platform (had done a few weeks of reading around before deciding on it,
    b) it used the most up to date version (android 2.1) of the software
    c) the reviews sounded mostly good for it
    d) i got a very good deal for it (£17.50 a month with vodafone for 600 minutes and unlimited texts, 500mb of internet)

having not used the others i am biased, but have really enjoyed it. i was tempted by the sony ericsson (mainly for the cameras), but couldn't justify paying £10 a month more for it. agreed that the desire/ nexus one looks great, but again was looking at £25 a month at least which was more than i wanted to pay. hope this helps

vinnyeh

I've just got a Legend. Small, lovely screen, nice build. Ideal ladies phone imo, if you don't want/can't have an iphone. Not quite as intuitive to use though, and I was gobsmacked by the lack of stuff in the app store.

PePPeR

Nokia N97's not in your list and is pretty good.

juan
    Free Member

Nokia N97's not in your list and is pretty good.

Well, the list is here for a reason;-)

maxray
    Free Member

Sorry n97 is awful!

PePPeR

Oops sorry posted before reading other posts

juan
    Free Member

Oups I just discovered this thread should be on the other side over here =====================>

Dibbs
    Free Member

My daughter has the HTC Desire, I have the HTC HD2, although the HD2 does exactly what I got it for, the Desire is nicer 😥

juan
    Free Member

So the HTC seems to get a lot of vote then?

juan
    Free Member

let see if I get more geeks online on a tuesday than on a sunday 😉

mugsys_m8

Juan,

I'm trying to sort one out for myself. I need SFR due to poor reception on anyhting else. I'm looking at the HTC as that seems to get the best reviews and is new. Are you looking at SFR?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

HTC is the best of that bunch. by far.

Dancake
    Free Member

I keep waiting for Orange to get Desires but they keep going in then out of stock. Got fed up[waiting so went for an Xperia X10 in the end. (Comes today 🙂 )

As for the legend, it seems ace too and maybe the pick of your bunch? Anything android will be a good bet if you like your apps and gizmos.

Co-pilot live ifor android is rumoured to be the best Sat-nav for mobiles for example. Looks like symbian is being dropped by the big manufacturers too

juan
    Free Member

mugsy yes I am (well the SO is) stuck on SFR.
    So it looks like it is going to be the HTC then.

maxray
    Free Member

The legend is a fair bit less powerful than the desire, though the legends case is quite nice 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

Dancake, has an X10 for nearly a month, liking it a lot. It may only be running android 1.6, but it'll get an upgrade to 2.1 later in the year.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘One for the geeks : smart phone content’ is closed to new replies.