Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • One for the DIYers – Venting outside for bathroom extractor
  • craig24
    Free Member

Ok, so after reading through a few threads on here I decided to replace our bathroom extractor. Its currently an inline one in the loft and I’m looking to replace it with a Manrose one suggested on here.

I went up to inspect the current one and take a look at the ducting, it appears the 4″ ducting is taped to some 2″ ducting which is then just pushed up against an air brick. Luckily I have all the bits I need to drill a 4″ hole in the wall, my problem is getting access from outside to fit a vent cover, as its rather high up on the side of the house and we only have a narrow walkway between ourselves and next door.

My question is, is there any type of vent I can fit on the inside instead of the outside?

JAG

I have fitted a couple of bathroom fans over the years and I have never found a vent you can fit from inisde the house.

I’ve always had to climb ladders and drill the outside wall of the house to attach the Vent cover.

Are there any upstairs windows that would give you access to the area?

jam-bo

searched for blind fit extractor fan.

https://www.vent-axia.com/range/internal-fit-wall-kit

wwaswas

If you’ll be drilling a hole depending on the ages of the bricks the ‘wrong side’ (ie away from where you started) can be pretty messy. If you try and drill from the inside out you may need access to clean it up anyway.

craig24
    Free Member

jam bo – Member
    searched for blind fit extractor fan.

https://www.vent-axia.com/range/internal-fit-wall-kit

That is exactly what I need. Thank you!

johndoh
    Free Member

Wish I had known about those when I had a similar situation to the OP – I used a platform but didn’t have the space to fit the stabilising extensions to the feet and nearly tipped it over.

I shat myself.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘One for the DIYers – Venting outside for bathroom extractor’ is closed to new replies.