Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • One for the consumer law experts
  • bauchlebastart
    Free Member

I recently had to return a cycling jacket after a fault appeared. It was sent off to the manufacturer who declared it as faulty and instructed the shop to give a replacement or a refund. Said jacket is now discontinued so the shop offered me refund. Fair enough, but the refund was minus the original shipping charges of £3.50 (They did refund my return shipping charges however) Were they right to do this, should I have recieved all my incurred costs on the basis that the jacket was faulty? The fault appeared just less than 6 months after purchase if that matters.

FuzzyWuzzy

You’ve just wasted £3.50 of my time reading that so consider the matter closed

highclimber
    Free Member

You should not be out of pocket for a faulty product. thread closed

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Who gives a shit! It’s £3.50 for **** sake.

nickjb
    Free Member

If you used it for 6 months then £3.50 is a pretty good deal

sugdenr
    Free Member

Really? Did you REALLY need us to tell you the answer to that?

bencooper
    Free Member

So really you rented a cycling jacket for 2p per day. Sounds like a good deal to me.

bauchlebastart
    Free Member

Thanks for those that left sensible replies.
    You can always rely on some Singletrack forum members to jump to conclusions. I was mearly interested in the right or wrongs of the situation, at no point did I moan about being £3.50 out of pocket. However for the ars*holes that think £3.50 is such a small sum, perhaps you would like to donate the same amount to charity, whichever one you choose I am sure they would appreciate it.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

for the ars*holes that think £3.50 is such a small sum

It is a small sum. Tiny. Trifling.

gearfreak
    Free Member

Six months is past the cut off for the DSR’s, so they wouldn’t apply. Therefore I would say no, you are not entitled to a refund on the original shipping cost(nor on the cost of returning the item). If you’d supported your local bike shop instead you wouldn’t have had to pay the £3.50 in the first place 😉

yorkshire89
    Free Member

highclimber
    Free Member

Has no one ever heard of principle? jees, give the OP a break. he only asked a simple question.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am going to start a thread asking for £3.50 I expect to see all your names on my Paypal inbox

As above its the principle not the amount

chewkw
    Free Member

To OP,

On principle yes that £3.50 should be refunded because the item was not as described.

£3.50 in other part of the world is a lot but here it’s the price of a pint.

But if we live life according to our strong principle I would have hang, drawn and quartered many people with pleasure and as weekend entertainment … they are maggots.

😯

GrunkaLunka
    Free Member

3.50? I gave him a dollar…

glupton1976
    Free Member

What’s your email and i’ll send you £3.50 via paypal.

*then again – maybe not as I’m going to reward your tightness be keeping my cash to myself.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘One for the consumer law experts’ is closed to new replies.