Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • One for the boulderers – pod crash pads
  • johnny_met
    Free Member

Is the pod super crash pad any good? From what I can gather they are made by planet x and seem to be in the same ballpark price-wise as other brands that have established climbing heritages. I ask cos they’ve got a deal on at moment, and I’m tempted. Or should I stick with the climbing orientated brands?

oh, and what material is the outer? And does the foam stand up to abuse?

Thanks

martinhutch

POD are a very good make, or used to be, so it has an established climbing heritage. Don’t know if the brand name has been sold off in a Karrimor style.

Normally will stand up to a lot of abuse, being dragged around, dropped in a puddle etc.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Don’t know if the brand name has been sold off in a Karrimor style.

Owned by Equip for a while and then sold on again – seemingly to planet x. Still good packs. Never really thought their pads were up to much. The split ones were buggers for spreading out and having your foot go down the gap, the foam used to go soft quick and they soaked up water even worse than most. I had the option to buy one at less than trade and got a moon one instead (which to be fair still isn’t brilliant). They may have changed of course but I reckon I’d buy Snap if I was in the market these days.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘One for the boulderers – pod crash pads’ is closed to new replies.