Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • One for the BC Cycling hall of fame (pre suspension retro moment)
  • mAx_hEadSet

Joy of facebook albums… anybody name what year for a point … , how many people can you correctly ID and 5 points for venue

martyntr
    Free Member

1989 ??

martyntr
    Free Member

Yellow and Pink kit was "Schmoos Cycles =" of Swansea IIRC. And isn't that Tim Gould in the Peugeot kit ??

jedi

lasy?

martyntr
    Free Member

And isn't that David Baker as well….. bloody hell I'm getting old….

About this time I was riding my Muddy Fox Courier Comp aroung the edges of fields on a Sunday afternoon…..

mAx_hEadSet

Martyntr correct it's 1989

Goz
    Free Member

Tim Davies in forground, Fred Salmon , Gouldy….89, the year davies won the nationals, it did include a trials section!

martyntr
    Free Member

Get in……….. The year I started racing (at 13…) 🙂

mAx_hEadSet

Which Peugeot kit?

mAx_hEadSet

Davies Salmon Gould correct

ton

paul hinton and dave baker in raleigh kit??

mAx_hEadSet

the one raleigh rider you can see the face of is not one of them.. very much the forgotten Raleigh rider as he was more known for his time on another team

ton

orange rider sam cook??
    steve douce, barrie clark, rothiemurches, mike kloser???????

Goz
    Free Member

Jake Elliot

Goz
    Free Member

Nick Craig, in pedal power kit

Goz
    Free Member

Tim Flooks, far end?

Goz
    Free Member

Venue Bosley or Dalby?

mAx_hEadSet

Sam cooke yes and Nick Craig. .certainly not rothiemurches… check out the civilians to work out which race it is, What class was Jake Elliot in in 1989?

walleater

Cinderford?

Jason Shackleton(sp?) in the other Schmoos kit?

walleater

D'oh….I didn't mean Cinderford, I meant Boseley!

Possibly the same year:

http://willwaters.fotopic.net/p36571917.html

I still vaguely remember having to go into those toilets behind straight after Karl Sturgeon had a pre-race massive rectal explosion….it wasn't pretty.

Tim Davies at the same race:

http://willwaters.fotopic.net/p36571909.html

s8tannorm
    Free Member

I know Fred very well … I'll be sending him a copy of that 😀

mAx_hEadSet

Nemba Bosely hence Rob Kinsey on motorbike, Mike Bonney in back ground, not sure about Shackleton, Tim Davies does not think it is, Elliot yes, rider on Raleigh with face later becomes well known commentator….

JoB
    Free Member

is the Raleigh rider on the far left Rory Hitchens?

maxlite
    Free Member

Schmoos is still going, not so many left in club now.

2nd in Graham Sheldon?

walleater

Aye, Rory Hitchens is the only other Raleigh rider that I can think of from back then. Martin Early and Adrian Timmis where a year or two later IIRC. I've got a good picture of Paul Hinton climbing that first bitch of a climb somewhere, when nearly everyone else ran. Might have to do another scanning mission sometime…

mt
    Free Member

I remember it all to well (well it's a bit fuzzy). Davies won overall because of the trials events. The Peugeot team were not so happy about this at the time. Tim Gould was my hero, Baker also. There should a young Nick Craig around there some place. Behind the that gobby get Hitchens is one of the Madison team riders, can't remember his name though. As I recall they had the best looking kit though the Orange kit has stood the test of time. As I recall the Schmoos team was always cheating, particularly in races in South Wales as they knew all the short cuts in the courses. Tim Davies is a good chap though and his Dad very helpful at race if you had a mechanical.
    What a great picture! Any more?

walleater

These are the only old race pics I've scanned to date:

http://willwaters.fotopic.net/c1150383_1.html

mAx_hEadSet

Point goes to JoB it is indeed Rory, with a ridgeback rider behind, picture I believe was taken by Jake Elliots dad and I got my hands on it via Tim. It's a particularly good shot being circulated on Facebook by Tim Davies I thought it deserved sharing whilst the BC Hall of fame thing is going on. Some debating going on about who second schmoo rider is by the schmoo riders. Merion Thomas is one suggestion but he is denying it , Tim D reckons Shakkers always rode odd floro socks and in any case rode for Pedalpower that year.

Goz
    Free Member

Other Schmoo rider, sam motart maybe..

yumcious
    Free Member

Bosley is the venue, Raleigh rider is Rory Hitchins ??

One of the toughest courses we used to ride. I always preferred the Caterrick races round the tank grounds

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘One for the BC Cycling hall of fame (pre suspension retro moment)’ is closed to new replies.