Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • One for the aviation guys – Vulcan fans
  • Hadge
    Free Member

Finally getting round to scanning some old slides I have and these are just a few of the many thousands I've got to do. The mighty Vulcan, the B1-B Lancer and the SR71 Blackbird. Seen all of these planes many many times displaying and they were a sight to behold.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Nice. Did I tell you about the time we were at Finningley in 1977 for the Queens silver jubilee airshow?
    Only saw (& were deafened by) a 4 Vulcan scramble!
    AWESOME!!

kimbers

Hadge
    Free Member

What always made me smile about the Vulcan's deafening take-off sound was after it was some distance from the runway it would bank over and go completely silent. Amazing plane and I'm so glad it's back doing the shows.

crazy-legs

I've seen the Vulcan a couple of times this year, once at the Windermere Airshow, once at Leuchars. Can't get over how quiet it is coming towards you then it goes past, pulls up and puts the power in and your whole body shakes with the fantastic noise!

colin@rush
    Free Member

I lived about 2 miles from RAF St Athan and used to watch Vulcan's taking off regularly, they really do shake your internals… 🙂

Last year riding around brecon we were on the ridge by talybont reservoir and a tornado came down the value about 50feet below us and about 100 feet away, awesome to virtually look into the cockpit, what a job 🙂

Kuco

Seen it fly over Kettering 3 times this year.

crazy-legs

Last year riding around brecon we were on the ridge by talybont reservoir and a tornado came down the value about 50feet below us and about 100 feet away, awesome to virtually look into the cockpit, what a job

Have a look on YouTube for "Mach Loop", it's a low-level training circuit round Talybont way and there's various points on it where you can get really good shots of the planes at more or less head height. Very popular with plane spotters, you can almost guarantee there'll be something flying round it.

GlennG
    Free Member

My rear garden backs onto the Goodwood race track and at the recent show there the Vulcan did a fly by, kids almost shat themselves when the Vulcan banked over just above our house, **** that thing is loud.

nickc

Shame that the best looking airplanes are designed primarily to blow shit up.

And before you start I know the SR71 was a reconnaissance airplane, there was a shooty-things down version tested, so I'll include it, thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘One for the aviation guys – Vulcan fans’ is closed to new replies.