• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • One for stoner and other bank gourous…
  • juan
    Free Member

Ok as you may or not may know, my bank account has been deleted/closed. However the credit card is still working. As a matter of emergency I had to use it. Now the question is, how do I put money on it?
    Any tips/ideas?

Cheers

Juan

geoffj

I know this may sound wacky and unconventional, but how about speaking to the bank?

tron
    Free Member

You send the credit card company money, either by cheque or bank transfer – normally when they send you a bill. I suppose in this scenario, you'd need to get a friend to write a check or to send a postal order. As a rule, credit card limits are quite generous – £1k would be fairly low (possible if you were lacking UK credit history), and £3k or so is very common.

You can always ring the credit card company and see how much balance you have left, if they're going to try and collect the cash from your closed account by direct debit etc.

MSP

Pay the bill when it arrives!

MartinGT
    Free Member

Whats a "gourous"?

rOcKeTdOg

franglish for Guru

MartinGT
    Free Member

😆

juan
    Free Member

Well bank won't answer my calls. The credit card was link to my current account with HSBC that is now closed. CC bill ain't massive, about 15-20€.
    I just wan't to get it done properly…

IHN

Is it definitely a credit card (i.e. you pay for things with it and get a monthly bill), or a debit card (i.e. you pay for things with it and the money comes out of your account within a day or so)?

If it's a HSBC credit card, call 0800 328 1278

If it's a HSBC debit card, call 0800 032 4738

They're the new account lines, so you can guarantee that they'll be answered.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘One for stoner and other bank gourous…’ is closed to new replies.