Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • One for Evans & Gore
  • carbonfiend
    Free Member

Bought a gore text jacket over 2yrs ago cost about £100+ wore it handful of times & the zip was well sticky, come exposure 24 this yr half way through get drenched by a biblical storm, reach the pit area put on gore text zip breaks 🙁
    Fast forward to now & I get my shit together decide to see if I could get it repaired decided to try Evans first as even though it was 2 yrs old it has been worn at best 5 times.

Went to shop were I purchased it (lakeside) explained it to the lads & they said gore guarantee the zips for life…”have u got the receipt” erm don’t think so as it was over 2 yrs back . They lads said no worries we can search the computer & 10 mins later they had proof of my purchase from their system, jacket was then sent for repair

Next thing I get an email saying “your replacement jacket has arrived to pick up” so I go down today and was greeted with a brand new & what looks like updated Gore gore text jacket 🙂

Apparently it was just easier to replace – can’t say fairer than that I suppose

faz083
    Free Member

Only better they could have done is swapped it on the spot! But that depends a lot of the confidence in the supplier replacing the jacket!

Nice work.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

TBH I thought I was gonna end up taking it somewhere local to get a new zip fitted almost certain I lost the receipt & would never have thought a zip would have a lifetime guarenas ?

Deveron53
    Free Member

Hmmm, I’ve got one, bought it from Halfrauds about 5 years ago. Zip starting to go. What are my chances? Can I send it direct to the importer? Halfrauds branch now about 500 miles away from me.

cyclistm
    Free Member

I didn’t know this and I have a gore jacket that needs a new zip. Cheers for the tip

Lucas
    Free Member

Hmmm I have a 6 yr old phantom from wiggle with a broken zip might try and get it fixed. Was going to get the mother in law to fix a new zip in……

RustySpanner

Bought a Gore waterproof about 5 years ago.
    One popper on the drop tail broke almost immediately.

Back to LBS who offered a replacement.
    Didn’t want a replacement as the jacket had been updated and I didn’t like the new one.
    They sent it back to Gore who replaced the plastic poppers with metal ones.

Very, very impressed.

akira

I always recommend people buy Gore stuff for this very reason, they make good stuff and they stand by it.

danielgroves
    Free Member

I always recommend people buy Gore stuff for this very reason, they make good stuff and they stand by it.

Amen.

TiRed

Had two pairs of Gore overshoes and the zips failed on both. I think I’d prefer a brand with better zips to be honest.

toons
    Free Member

Gore wouldn’t help me 🙁

Dear ,

Thank you for contacting Gore Apparel, your ultimate source for GORE BIKE WEAR® and GORE RUNNING WEAR® products.

We are sorry to inform you that what we guarantee for two years is our Gore-Tex and Windstopper membranes, not the zips.

Please contact any of our repair centers:

sillyoldman

Can you list the repair centres?
    I’ve got 3 Gore jackets/gilets with dead zips. They do seem to use godawful zips…

slowoldgit
    Free Member

These people were recommended when I asked about gore tex repairs some time ago…

http://www.tundra-repairs.co.uk/gore-tex_repairs.php

Others were also suggested.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Toons – I was defo told lifetime guarantee on top of the fact my jacket is over 2 years old so that’s a strange one 😕

toons
    Free Member

Scottish Mountain Gear Limited
    The Repair Centre
    Unit 17, Fisherrow Industrial Estate
    Newhailes Road
    Musselburgh EH21 6EH
    Tel: 08453 30 31 40 (Local Rate)
    Fax: 08453 30 31 70 (Local Rate)
    Email: info@scottishmountaingear.com

Lancashire Sports Repairs
    19 Athletic Street
    Burnley
    Lancashire
    BB10 4LP
    Tel: 01282 439109
    Email: info@lsr.gb.com

Tundra
    Unit 3
    Baird Close
    Stephenson Ind. Estate
    Washington
    Tyne and Wear
    NE37 3HL
    Tel: 0191 4193444
    Email: Maureen@Tundra.sagehost.co.uk

Temporary Repair Kits
    High Peak (UK) Ltd
    Alpha House, Old Doncaster Road, Wath upon Dearne, Rotherham S63 7EU
    Tel: 01709 518555
    Fax: 01709 515158

The Tartan Cat
    Wychwood
    North Connel
    Oban, Argyll
    Scotland
    PA 37 1RD
    Tel: 01631 710331
    Mobile: 078260 25147
    e-mail: cat@newsheller.orangehome.co.uk

toons
    Free Member

Toons – I was defo told lifetime guarantee on top of the fact my jacket is over 2 years old so that’s a strange one

Mine’s only 14 months and the retailer only gives a year 🙁

Very poor service from gore, I won’t be buying any more products from them

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘One for Evans & Gore’ is closed to new replies.