Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • One for Berlingo Owners
  • BermBandit
    Free Member

Do Citroen Berlingos have a cloaking device fitted and if so where’s the switch?

Saturday, A12 Chelmsford two lane bypass London bound, driving along nearside lane minding my own business, sudden horn sounds, followed by two cars overtaking me side by side. Only a sudden veer towards the verge prevented me getting the drivers side wiped out.

Saturday evening A12 Colchester by pass. Overtaking a long line of slower moving traffic at about 70mph in the outside lane. Driver on my nearside without warning executes that classic, the manoeuvre-signal-mirror, movement puting them and their vehicle directly into my path without warning. Got away with it but got sideways doing so.

Yesterday am. Country lane, plenty of room for two large vehicles. Schoolbus oncoming on a long bend. “Blimey” (NB: Actually said **** me, but I read the mods thing about a voiding the filter so self moderated), I think he’s going a bit wide, all the while the driver is looking directly at me but just keeps getting further and further from his side of the road. Upshot is I dropped my motor into a shallow ditch to avoid getting sideswiped at best and head on’ed at worst.

So while I can see how the cloaking device might have its uses, I’d like to turn mine off now please, so can anyone help me with the switch location?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

it’s jealousy. they’re all eyeing your wheels with envy which causes them to lose concentration.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Do you reckon? Maybe they’ve seen it on the cool wall om Top Gear then? 😉

TheBrick
    Free Member

You clearly need hi-viz and it’s your fault.

hora
    Free Member

No its called old-fashion bullying. Drivers see a metal box as an extension of the owner.

I owned two MX5’s and on the odd occassion drivers used to come up close behind and ‘monster’ me – couple of times it was a Discovery or Freelander.

A stamp on the brake soon reminds the driver that not all MX5 owners are short and own a hairdressing salon 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘One for Berlingo Owners’ is closed to new replies.