Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • One door (car) not central locking
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I have an ISUZU D-Max Hi-Lander (a pick-up although I don’t know it matters).

The rear door doesn’t lock or unlock with the three ‘normal’ methods; locking the drivers door, pressing the remote button or pressing the lock door button on the drivers door.

Is there anything I can try? My car expertise extend to topping up the water in the wiper bottle and, mostly successfully, changing the oil and filter.

I can’t see any obvious way to remove the inside of the door.

Is it better to take it to a local mechanic who won’t break other bits (as I may)?

Thanks

wysiwyg
    Free Member

It’ll either be the wires broken in the rubber between the door and car or the pump at a guess.

Cheapest option would be to slit the boot carefully and check the cables are still plugged in then reglue.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Do you mean the rear door as in the pickup tailgate?

I’ve never had a truck where this has been part of the central locking, lower part doesn’t usually lock and if there is a top box they usually come with their own separate key.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Sorry, rear door as in, it’s a 4-door / twin-cab.

The tailgate isn’t centrally locked. As you said, it doesn’t lock and the Carryboy has its own (not remotely or centrally controlled) key.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

bump…

mc
    Free Member

Broken wire or faulty motor.

Need to remove the door card to figure out what, which if you’ve got no experience of, is very likely to result in broken bits, and is still likely to result in broken bits by plenty mechanics 🙄

I’ve got zero experience of Isuzu’s so can’t comment any more than that!

bigyinn
    Free Member

You’re more likely to break the door card fittings etc, so perhaps you have a friend who could help?
    Sounds to me like either a wiring or locking servo in the door. My Mazda had one door which wouldn’t lock, popped down to the scrappie and picked up a replacement servo and off it went.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘One door (car) not central locking’ is closed to new replies.