Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • One day in T'Lakes – bike or boots?
  • rascal
    Free Member

Sat 5 Nov I’ll have a full day in the Lakes – staying near the Pennines. Really fancy a long overdue walk in the High Street area – Haweswater, Rough Crag ridge to summit, Mardale Ill Bell, Harter Fell area as not done proper walk since did Achilles in June 14. Then I thought of a naughty run down Ullock Pike

jekkyl

are you kidding?
    walking seems so tediously slow after cycling.

tomaso
    Free Member

Bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike

Aristotle
    Free Member

Take the bike and boots.

Good weather? ride the bike.

Bad weather? scrambly walk.

rickmeister

Cake

Spend the day in staveley

MORE artisan bakery
    BRewery tour
    BIke shop
    Wilfs

Job jobbed

fatboyjon

I quite like a walk but does it really come anywhere close to a proper day out on the fells on a mountain bike?

If you’re unsure of the answer to this, may I refer you to the wisdom of Tomaso above.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Probably best stay at home, nothing worth either up there….

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Take yer bike up coledale hause, spend the day wandering around the lovely ridges of the NW fells, descend off grisedale pike. Bit of both then.

rascal
    Free Member

I suppose I should have expected the bike answer with it being a bike forum! The walk def appeals but that Ullock Pike descent does look pretty bloody good. What way up Skiddaw do you suggest? The only time I’ve been up was actually along Ulliock Pike so fancy something different. Think I’ll only do it if there’s a view too so if pissing down I’ll walk. Need to be back in car for no later than 4pm too! Doable?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, it’s not a long ride, worst bit is up the zig zags. Alternative option is to ride to Skiddaw hause and up over sale how…

If you keep the head down/arse up on the climb/push, I reckon 3 hours up and down is doable.

lowey

Do both. Bit of High level cheekyness will have you walking / carrying anyway 😆

I’m with Aritotle. I only walk now in the lakes in snow and ice. Bike all the other times.

chakaping
    Free Member

You could easily ride Skiddaw & Ullock and get a walk in too, if you must.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘One day in T'Lakes – bike or boots?’ is closed to new replies.