Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • One day in Chamonix – Kirsty Young content
  • adsbatts89
    Free Member

If Kirsty Young said to you “You’re being banished to an evil desert island for your crimes against mountain biking. However, you are allowed to spend one day mountain biking in Chamonix before you go”.

How would the non riding side of your day in Chamonix pan out? What trails would you ride during the day? And what novelty item would you take with you?

bobbyspangles

i’d get out of town, its full of haircuts and loony scandies. Ride my own trail in Servoz down to Sallanches and take the biggest hunting horn I can wrap my lips around

slowoldman

There are a couple of pleasant bars to sit outside and a great outdoor swimming pool. Especially nice on a hot summer day. Trips up to Grand Montets, Aiguille du Midi (across to Torino hut perhaps) and Montenver for the views (or gaze at all those climbs I thought I might do one day and never did). It’s your last day so hang the cost.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

a copy of gaston rebuffat’s classic 100 best routes in Mt Blanc massif

Lunch at Lac Blanc/glacier walk back from Torino to A d Midi

Never ridden their – not good enough!

MoreCashThanDash

Does Kirsty Young count as the novelty item?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Slowoldman. – a few years ago I took my late father back to Chamonix to celebrate his 70th. We had spent many happy days there when I was a kid. We did the obvious cable car trip again and I was looking at the old routes I climbed and dreamed of climbing. I must be getting old but I felt quite sick at the thought of trying to climb them now. The exposure quite scared me – perhaps I am getting vertigo in my old age. The balcon walks on both sides were much more relaxing!!!

Burchy1
    Free Member

I’d buy an assortment of cream filled pastry items, get on the train to Montroc and then ride the Col du poussettes until Kirsty asked me nicely to leave.

Maybe a coffee stop here once or twice

pb2

I just luv Kirsty Young. I spend many a happy hour listening to DID on catch up,she is really a top notch journalist often asking hard questions under the guise of DID. As for what to do with the non riding time, I confess I wouldn’t bother riding if Kirsty was around to keep me company 😀

hammyuk
    Free Member

I suspect said cream filled pastry items would be making a little mess..
    over Kirsty 😈

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

KY does have a habit of saying “Tell me…” to much.

On recent drive to Scotland we listened to podcasts of 5 DID in a row and it became a bit grating after that!

slowoldman

Yes teamhurtmore, I find looking over edge a bit unnerving these days too.

adsbatts89
    Free Member

What are the ‘must do trails’ in the area?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘One day in Chamonix – Kirsty Young content’ is closed to new replies.