Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • One by on a road bike pt II
  • cynic-al
    Free Member
    cynic-al
    Free Member

Well screw you if you don’t like my threads!

😛

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Needed more cutlery.

😉

To be fair, though, Spesh released a Lunch Ride edition of the Venge this year, and that was already running a 1X drivetrain.

Stock version;

Makes a lot of sense for some environments, I reckon. Will be very interesting to see what they can do with 1X for aero/TT uses.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Will be very interesting to see what they can do with 1X for aero/TT uses.

I do hope that is a joke/troll.

PS we sell Diverges now and I like them.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No joke, Al. 1X can/should be lighter, you can make the chainset more aero, etc. For most TT stuff, the gearing spread should be wide enough, I reckon. Just think it’s an interesting avenue of application for 1X.

(Aside – Seen any of the crabon Diverges in the store yet? 8) )

thegreatape
    Free Member

Never mind that – you can get singlespeed track bikes now. Nichemongers.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Well I guess this is one way sram can fix there horrific front mech issues. Remove it all together and call it an innovation 😉

Edric64
    Free Member

I had a 5 speed as a kid that had one ring so whats new ?!

shermer75
    Free Member

It’s still one gear more than I has on my Peugeot back in the mid eighties. I thought that a ten speed was the bees knees back then, too…

aracer
    Free Member

No joke, Al. 1X can/should be lighter, you can make the chainset more aero, etc. For most TT stuff, the gearing spread should be wide enough, I reckon.

More a case that it’s been done and you don’t need a wide ratio 11-sp cassette either. Plenty of single rings on old school TT bikes (I have a double on mine, but the inner ring only tended to get used when I took it to do silly triathlons up Buttertubs and similar routes).

Edric64
    Free Member

Most of the dragstrip timetrial courses could be done on 3 or 4 gears at best 11 is far too many

cynic-al
    Free Member

Losing a chainring and front mech has to be he smallest aero advantage going.

CFH may be right tho, SRAM et al may well try to dress it up as a worthwhile upgrade.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Marginal gains, Al, marginal gains! 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘One by on a road bike pt II’ is closed to new replies.