Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • One Bike To Rule Them All – Does it exist?
  • darkplunger
    Free Member

I currently have a racing bike I rarely use and a touring bike I’m using for my commute, which is mostly on trails. 33 mile round trip. What I want is a bike or frame which is light, lively, comfy, can be ridden off-road and will take mudguards and carrier. Does such a beast exist?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Kinesis Ti Tripster.. or just start searching gravel bikes.

epicyclo

It will soon…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tmb467
    Free Member

I’ve got a Giant Revolt 2 on C2W – basic enough spec but frame is the same across 3, 2, 1 and 0

Looks a bit weird with its seat stays attaching halfway down the seat tube but it rides really nicely (for me anyway)

Lots out there though – tripster is the frame du jour for the STW massive, the Arkose gets really good press here and I liked the look of the trek crossrip when I was looking at mine.

Rorschach
    Free Member

If it does’nt….Shand will make it for you.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Just ordered a Synpase for exactly this puprose, stock build @ £1K is 10.2kg, rides like a road bike, takes 28mm tyres and guards.

I’m amazed/depressed that the stupid “racing” obsession with no clearance/frame eyes on road bikes is still with us.

thecaptain
    Free Member

No, you can make do with a single tandem, but really it would be very limiting. Our road tourer, full suspension MTB and trekking hardtail tandems all suit their respective uses much better than one alone could ever do. Wondering if we really need a 29er though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘One Bike To Rule Them All – Does it exist?’ is closed to new replies.