Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • One bike to replace these two?
  • Euro
    Free Member

Any suggestions as to what bike to replace both of these things? Looking for full bike suggestions and if it’s pedal friendly that’d be a major bonus. Something in the AM category possibly, that’ll take a bit of DH abuse and be jumpy. Budget is between £1.5-2.5k.

Duane…
    Free Member

Hardtail or full suss?

A AM full-suss will never be much good on jumps (which your hardtail was obviously designed for).

But FWIW, I recently sold my Giant STP trail/jump bike and Transition Bottlerock FR bike, and built up a Commencal Meta AM.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Euro
    Free Member

Full suss and it doesn’t have to be a commie.

Spent the last few hours looking at my options and there are just too many. Seems like all the main brands have at least two bikes in their range that’ll maybe fit the bill (Spesh Stumpy Evo and Enduro for example). Then there’s the Meta which does look good but again comes in AM and the SX guises with 3 choices in each. 😯

The new NP Mega has also made the list. In fact, every bike i’ve checked out looks like it would do the job well. Luckily not all of them come in XL (i’m 6’4″ but haven’t ruled out your regular large), so tha might help narrow it down.

Choice is good, but also bad.

Duane, saw your vid the other day. Looking good fella. What other bikes did you consider?

ridingscared
    Free Member

Just done similar- sold my DH and Xc bike and bought a Nicolai Helius AM though it was a close call over a Last Herb 160 . Also looked at the YT , spec is outstanding for the money.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Lapierre spicy 516 with a bit of haggling can be had for just over the top of your budget. Climbs, descends, jumps (allegedly)

Epic bike.

Duane…
    Free Member

I considered (either complete or frame and build);

Meta AM and SX
    Devinci Dixon
    Specialized Stumpjumper
    Last Herb 160
    Saracen Ariel
    Nukeproof Mega
    Trek Remedy
    YT Industries Wicked 160
    etc (ie pretty much all the 150-160mm bikes in that “genre”).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘One bike to replace these two?’ is closed to new replies.