Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • One all!
  • dpfr

So, the other day I rode down a track and popped out at a junction with a major road where there were road works. I waited for the traffic stream to end so I could turn right, then set off and found myself with a big black Merc driving straight at me. The driver was pretty hacked off and we exchanged words. On the way back, I realised that the patch of road was controlled by temporary traffic lights controlling not two but three traffic streams and I’d sailed off into the middle of the mayhem. Fault- probably mine for not working it out and being a bit too keen, and certainly the contractors for not putting any signage in a place where I could see it.

Today, waiting to turn right again at a different junction, a big white BMW drives up the main road, indicating left. For some reason I don’t launch myself across his path, which is just as well, because he goes straight on, waving apologetically, before parking up just after the road junction. Fault- probably more his than mine I think, but if I had set off and he had hit me, I suspect I’d have been at fault too.

Moral- sometimes stuff just happens, I guess

timba
    Free Member

BMW fault and a driving test fail (but you’re supposed to check where/if he’s turning)
    Merc, easily done. I’ve been caught because the lights change too quickly for a cyclist on uphill (for me) roadworks. Tell the traffic management company

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘One all!’ is closed to new replies.