Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Once bands stop wanting women money and fast cars they loose the hunger -Discuss
  • Stu_N

Once bands stop wanting women and money and fast cars they loose the hunger and turn into a pale imitation of their former glories.

Following on from the U2 thread, I reckon that is a Science Fact. I can’t think of a band or artist that got famous then got old and stayed good.

BoardinBob

Once they stop taking drugs they turner a beiger shade of grey

vinnyeh

Assuming that they started out wanting them. iirc U2 started out with some fairly strong religious and social beliefs- it wasn’t til a fair bit down the road that they started on accumulating the yachts, planes etc.

Don’t forget that around that time (mid70’s- early 80’s) a lot of music was driven by political and social sentiments, and that was when many bands made their best stuff- Jam, Smiths, Clash et al. And these were spotty teenagers so I think wanting the girls is a given, and nothing to do with the music.

how does your theory work with Stevie Wonder then?
    🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Once bands stop wanting women money and fast cars they loose the hunger -Discuss’ is closed to new replies.