Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Once again another tyre Q. ( sorry)
  • bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

On the look out for a new front tyre and decided on the maxxis minion. Don’t fancy the 42 super tacky due to being (I’d imagine)too draggy. The 3c Triple compound looks the one to get but it’s £10 more than the 60a equivalent. Is it worth the extra wonga ?

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve got one as a front tyre and I like it a lot, but I did get it cheap.

It’s definitely worth the extra over a 42a IMO (lasts much longer), but a 60a wouldn’t be an option for me on the front so I can’t comment on that.

acidchunks

I run a tacky on the front. def too draggy! otherwise I’m happy with it.

be interested to hear how you get on with a 60a if you do end up buying one.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Was thinking I’d get the best of each tyre without the drawbacks by going down the 3c route. I.E. the edge grip of the super tacky but with the (relatively) quicker and longer lasting centre knobs of the 60a. If it does what it says on the tin then I’ll go down that route. But £48 is a big chunk of money if it doesn’t deliver.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yes it does what it says on the tin.

Is it the 2.5 exo 3c you are looking at? That’s what I’ve got and it’s excellent.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

That’s the one chakaping, thinking it should be a good match for the ardent on the rear. Will order from nextday tyres tonight.
    Thanks for the answers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Once again another tyre Q. ( sorry)’ is closed to new replies.