Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • On Thin Ice…
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

James Cracknell – what a c0ck he is coming across as…

If I were the other two, I'd be conspiring to have him deposited down a crevasse.

Stubborn, selfish, self-righteous and c0ck.

beaker

I thought the same, I was amazed by his attitude. Three weeks of 16 hours a day on your feet and he thinks he'd be able to walk through his blisters. His stupidity looks to have cost him dearly.

'Look after your feet and they'll look after you'

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ironically it seems to have stemmed from his 'It'll be bad so get that in your head and you'll be able to cope' mentality – which manifested itself as his belief that his feet WOULD be bad so he was just coping.

I can't quite believe Ben though – bawling at every opportunity, only 3 weeks proper training after his tropical disease, just lost a baby through miscarriage yet he is going strong! Made of good stuff that guy!

geoffj

I can't quite believe Ben though – bawling at every opportunity, only 3 weeks proper training after his tropical disease, just lost a baby through miscarriage yet he is going strong! Made of good stuff that guy!

I agree, not quite sure about Dr Ed though.

nobtwidler
    Free Member

Wasn't Cracknell the same when they rowed the atlantic – came across like a control freak!

Napalm
    Free Member

Yes, Cracknell looks like he's jeopodised the success of the team.

And given his foot injuries and infection and pneunomia on one lung I was very surprised that the Dr. gave him a 50 / 50 chance of continuing.

I reckon that Ed & Fogle should complete it as pair and learn from what happened to Cracknell; although I don't think that either of them are stupid / arrogant enough to think that they would do what he did.

ScotlandTheScared

As an Antarctic scientist, the title of the program really annoys me. Antarctica has the thickest ice in the world – up to 4.4km thick.

Its still interesting to watch though – Cracknell doesnt seem to be terribly good at thinking/working in a team…
    Have been impressed by Ben and Ed…

whippersnapper
    Free Member

it's a good program – agree that Ben is pretty inspiring really. Loving the stealthy Norwegians, very cool.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Cracknell does seem like a huge guy, whenever you see them silhouetted it is easy to see which one he is.

Totally agree with above, if he were more humble (& wouldnt we all like more Humble) they would be looking much stronger as a team

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I don't recall him being quite so bad in the rowing programme. He was plain stupid and also very selfish to have Dr Ed the Talking Doctor spending his own free time tending to his blisters when he should have been looking after his own feet.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I think that 'On Thin Ice' is a metaphor for the challenging nature of the event, not a scientific description of the conditions of the ground underfoot.

I don't think that 'On Up To 4.4KM Thick Ice' has quite the same ring…

😉

tankslapper
    Free Member

On 'thin plot' more like!

ScotlandTheScared

mastiles – I obviously realise the 'on thin ice' title is more about the nature of the challenge – but it still irks me!

Trimix
    Free Member

The other two should dump him and continue on as a team of 2. His stupidity and totaly wrong attitude has jepordised the whole team.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Agreed – it stuns me that he is behaving like that. Surely he should be used to working in a team by now? Dreadful race plan in the first place, compounded by a stubbornness and inability to listen to his team mates. He is not only a danger to himself, he is a danger to others. His slurring words and inability to stand in the last episode showed that to the fullest extent and he shouldn't be ALLOWED to carry on.

He should 'Do an Oates' and say 'I am just going outside and may be some time"

kevonakona
    Free Member

I was stunned at his stupidity with regards to his feet. It's not hard, hot spot, stop and sort it. And where did he learn to do the strapping? Lots of folds and corners and it looked too tight on his toes.

Dr. Ed should have just told him to do one.

g6dcs
    Free Member

Cracknell just doesn't seem to have any respect for his body which is shocking!! Send him home!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Cracknell just doesn't seem to have any respect for his body

Nor his team-mates which is more shameful. He almost seems to have decided that Dr Ed is just there to sort him out at the end of each day which is really unfair on the guy.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Well in the final episode he didn't exactly cover himself in glory did he?

'Ohh, I kinda thought I would just leave my frostbitten finger and hope it would get better on its own'.

Then have a breakdown.

Cracknell? Cocknell.

tomzo
    Free Member

The fact he did not rope up in that crevasse field just showed what a selfish tit he is.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘On Thin Ice…’ is closed to new replies.