Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • On the baby night shift – singletrack dadsnet
  • sweaman2
    Free Member

Never heard of the term before are they a true profession or a like a chiropractor?

Here in Canada I’d consider them a true profession (note: I’m not a medical type at all). They are on the maternity ward and they spend sometime with every 1st time mother to help the process along if required. They visit pretty much straight after the doctors.

richardkennerley

There’s “not much love for breast feeding” on this thread because my question was about bottle feeding techniques.

I’m not going into detail as I shouldn’t have to, but breast feeding isn’t an option for us.

BF is pushed upon you in the NHS, by some staff more than others and I can confirm there are BF “gurus” on the wards to make you feel like a failure if it doesn’t work out.

We’re currently trying making several bottles a time and warming them back up, successful so far. Not going to rule out the tommee tippee yet though.

Little one has been awake since about noon, think we over simulated her, hopefully get some kip now…. Hopefully.

mechanicaldope

Another echo of stumpy01’s wife’s experience. Mastitis (twice), refusing to feed, militant breastfeeding advisers, guilt for struggling so much. However, my wife managed to get through all that (all in first 4 months max) and then she found it a delight and a great way of bonding with our son. Daughter was bottle fed and although easier initially results in having to haul a load of stuff around whenever you go out. However, she is as happy and healthy as the boy so it certainly didn’t do her any harm.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tinybits
    Free Member

It isn’t. Never heard of health visitors or midwives advising not to do batches only not to do more than you’ll use in 24 hours.

It’s on the formula powder packs – and I’m with everyone else on this thread, make up bottles of water each morning (and when you go out) and have the powder ready to tip in once you’ve microwaved.

And Richardkennely +1 on the pusheyness. I’m not a stupid person and neither is my wife. It was clearly pushed as a ‘any other option is a failure’ position and it really boiled my piss.

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘On the baby night shift – singletrack dadsnet’ is closed to new replies.