Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • On-One/Works Component Slackset
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Are the bearings replacable? Or are they integrated into the unit?

ie, are they cheap to maintain?

Northwind

Aye, totally replacable- they’re Cane Creek IS3 bearings so easy to find, and cheapish too. Hope ones work as well but they’re more expensive and not any better 😉

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Thanks.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Any idea on stack height?

convert

Works component website quoted stack I think. Fitted one (a WC one to a turner flux) a few weeks ago. A doddle as long as you are a relativity methodical type. Only thing I would say is the bearings are not really that well protected from the elements (in comparison to the Hope headset I pulled out) so I’m not expecting a great life from them (especially if I cocked up the alignment slightly).

ir_bandito
    Free Member

just discovered my head-tube is too long anyway. Ah well. Time for a new (slacker) frame then…

LoCo
    Free Member

That’s something I was have a chat about to a freind the other day, (alignment) we were wondering how many people are riding round on slacker bikes that go better round r/h or l/h corners due to the anglesets being put in a bit wonky 😀 😉
    Saying that I am consiering one for my Mk2 Dialled Albert so I can run the forks at 130mm but maintain a bit of slackness as the stuff round here is pretty steep in places 😀

Northwind

convert – Member

Only thing I would say is the bearings are not really that well protected from the elements (in comparison to the Hope headset I pulled out)

Fair point this- i go through top bearings on mine faster than bottom ones, I’ve never had a headset that does that before. I’ve a feeling the big flat top lets water pool on it which soaks past the seals! It’s not a problem, but it’s a bit weird… Bottom seems fine- you can actually run the Hope headrace with its bigger seals if you want but I’m not convinced it’s any better tbh.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘On-One/Works Component Slackset’ is closed to new replies.