Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 148 total)
  • on-one/planet x pricing is getting on my tits, am i the only one?
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

Had my eye on a new road frame and rash bike for offroad and identified the N2a frame and 456 x5 sector build.

It was well publicised by o-o and px through media streams including STW the price of the 456 would be £799, hey presto it appears £100 more than this. The N2a frame had an ‘expected’ price of £699 and again was released @ £799, withdrawn hours later and re-listed a week later @ £899 (they have sice reduced back to £799) ……whats going on???

I think the guys are great and i dare say it wont put me off buying from them if the price is right but they missed out in both counts on this occasion, its not good guys and bloody confusing too!

Just wondered what’s the STW massive thoughts on this?

Cheers

khegs
    Free Member

Not sure about the n2a thing but iirc brant said on twitter he had **** up the costing of something.

Sounds like it isn’t deliberate, just Brant having a brainfart while fiddling with a spreadsheet.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I try not to let it affect me.

higgo
    Free Member

Can I just say I don’t care?

damo2576
    Free Member

Yes, you’re the only one.

thecarbonmonkey
    Free Member

It does my head in and coupled with some truly shit parts and clothing items I’ve had off them as ‘bargains’ is putting me off ever spending there again. My 29er inbred has been a good workhorse but I’m starting to feel more like a financial opportunity than a valued customer, so no you’re not the only one!

tpbiker
    Free Member

my issue is nothing is ever in stock…! I was looking for a cheap hardtail frame and spotted the 456 on sale for 99 quid…lots of colours and sizes to choose from apparently..but all sold out. Strangely the exact same model in slightly different colour/size combinations was in stock…and full/double the price.

druidh
    Free Member

I’m saving my On One story for now…..

… but it’s a cracker!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

must be 6 months now colin?

druidh
    Free Member

It’s getting there……

….. or, rather, it isn’t.

brant
    Free Member

It was well publicised by o-o and px through media streams including STW the price of the 456 would be £799, hey presto it appears £100 more than this. The N2a frame had an ‘expected’ price of £699 and again was released @ £799, withdrawn hours later and re-listed a week later @ £899 (they have sice reduced back to £799) ……whats going on???

I think the guys are great and i dare say it wont put me off buying from them if the price is right but they missed out in both counts on this occasion, its not good guys and bloody confusing too!

I messed up pricing on the 456 bike. But I’d still consider it to be very good value at £899 for the spec we’re offering.

The N2A was a miscommunication on launch, it’s £799. Would have been nice to hit £699 for it, but wasn’t possible as there was a confusion over painted/raw finish.

I think we’re victims of our own enthusiasm to get stuff out fast. We’re trying to calm down and get better.

druidh – Member
    I’m saving my On One story for now…..

… but it’s a cracker!

can’t wait to hear your side of it.

brant
    Free Member

I was looking for a cheap hardtail frame and spotted the 456 on sale for 99 quid…lots of colours and sizes to choose from apparently..but all sold out.

amazingly, if you offer a limited number of things at discounted prices and email lots of people, they sell out fast. Sorry.

brant
    Free Member

Had my eye on a new road frame and rash bike for offroad and identified the N2a frame and 456 x5 sector build.

if you want a combo deal on those two, drop me a mail, we’ll do a deal.

tpbiker
    Free Member

amazingly, if you offer a limited number of things at discounted prices and email lots of people, they sell out fast. Sorry.

Fair point! I guess I was more having a moan that the website maybe needs updating. But then again, just revisited and my 456 frame is back in stock at budget price. So with that in mind, I’ll apologise and get my credit card out….

druidh
    Free Member

brant – Member
    can’t wait to hear your side of it.

Get Jules Swindells to call me and I’m sure he’ll let you hear it 🙂

tinman66
    Free Member

And the other side of the coin – never bought a bike from O-O / PX but bought a fair few parts (forks / groupsets etc) and never had a problem. Always arrived on time and always got a good deal. Plus the only time there was an issue (caused by the couriers) it was sorted straight away.

No complaints. Apart from the courier company they use 😉

higgo
    Free Member

Can I just say I’ve been to the pub and I still don’t care?

Stoner
    Free Member

Can I just say I’ve been to the pub and who are you? hic.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

GAS PIPE!!! i say once again GAS PIPE.. GGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS PPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEE

lucien

Pulls up chair

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

lol my 15 year old kona frame is a whole 1 pound lighter than the same size 456…

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I got a heads-up on some cheap scandal 29er vertical dropout frames this week and thought I’d get one with some carbon forks. They’d obviously gone before I’d hit the link and tbh I don’t believe they were ever really available at that price other than to lure people onto the site.

They’re clearly doing well enough without my £300 but I’m put off by the seemingly random nature of the pricing\availability.

khegs
    Free Member

Gets out the popcorn

tpbiker
    Free Member

Ivan, to be fair I thought the same. Spotted a cheap as chips 456 frame on there last week but all sold out, and a ‘click to be notified of stock’. Thought that’ll never be coming back in, low and behold it did tonight and I’ve just bought it.

It may well be made of gaspipe, but for 100 quid its still an absolute bargain.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

1998 kona hot frame 4.5 lb
    2012 one one British gas special… 5.87 lb

convert

Not aware of too many advancements in steel tube technology in the last 15 years so not sure what time has to do with it in this case. Just out of interest what length forks was that kona rated to handle before the head tube ripped off? Also, ever worked out how much that kona might have cost in today’s money?

epo-aholic
    Free Member

if you want a combo deal on those two, drop me a mail, we’ll do a deal.

Thanks for the offer Brant but i’ve since taken my business elsewhere.

dantsw13

Well, I was lured onto the On One site by the mega deals on carbon 456 frames. The £299 ones were out of stock, with unexpected stock date of 8 Apr. Hey presto, 8 Apr my half price frame comes into stock, and I should have it by the end of the week!!!!

More of the same please!!!

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

Not aware of too many advancements in steel tube technology in the last 15 years so not sure what time has to do with it in this case. Just out of interest what length forks was that kona rated to handle before the head tube ripped off? Also, ever worked out how much that kona might have cost in today’s money?

back in the day most frames were steal.. back then these frames would have been seen as cheap crap..

fenred
    Free Member

Never had a problem with either on-one or px…customer service always been superb and delivery excellent, even to ‘darn sarf’ and we all know what you norven’ boys think of us 😀

Recent pricing sounds a little sketchy and that needs addressing (brant get your troops in order)

Other than that, show me another co that knocks out ‘gas pipes’ of that quality and at that price and service??….

convert

I’m aware of that- I was there too. Not answer my question though. You are comparing apples with pears. A built up rigid Kona Hot would set you back £1500 in 1998. You are trying to use it to compare again a frame beefy enough to handle 6″ forks and retailing for £200 rrp. I don’t think anyone is under any illusions.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

Other than that, show me another co that knocks out ‘gas pipes’ of that quality and at that price and service??

who cares, lifes to short for cheap bikes. They are much like wine.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

I’m aware of that- I was there too. Not answer my question though. You are comparing apples with pears. A built up ridgid Kona Hot would set you back £1500 in 1998

no doubt, but will the one one still be good in 15 years?? also it runs 80mm forks, i have ridden it down some stupid things.. and its not snapped in half.. even had Hi 5’s on it at one point..it did not snap..

MrKmkII
    Free Member

who cares, lifes to short

well, i’d wager you, given your ranting 😯

honourablegeorge

I got a new Giro Xar from On-One/PX last week. Had a slight website glitch when the order was placed, phoned them, the phome was answered fast, and the man on the other end was very friendly and helpful, problem sorted. Cost me half what Id have paid elsewhere, dispatched quickly, arrived quickly.

On-One and their pricing are OK by me.

fenred
    Free Member

who cares, lifes to short for cheap bikes. They are much like wine.

Do you mean they get better with age? If so I’ll keep hold of mine ta 8)

You might want to think about stopping jumping up n’ down so much son…you’ll have heart attack soon!

dirtymonkey29
    Free Member

All I want is a black undecaled 16″ 456 frame yet all that is available is yellow or red. Limited edition frames only in 18″. Sales team not exactly helpful and if I get the frame and send it to a body shop for a pro repaint it will invalidate the warranty. I’ve never found it so hard to give a company my hard earned cash.

brant
    Free Member

I got a heads-up on some cheap scandal 29er vertical dropout frames this week and thought I’d get one with some carbon forks. They’d obviously gone before I’d hit the link and tbh I don’t believe they were ever really available at that price other than to lure people onto the site.

They’re clearly doing well enough without my £300 but I’m put off by the seemingly random nature of the pricing\availability.

Vertical dropout 29er frames are an old model, those that were on sale were “found” in the stock take, and so in very short supply. They did exist, but maybe only 1 or 2. I never saw the list… not my department.

druidh
    Free Member

Are some folk on here having trouble with the concept of price changes and sales? Is that the same folk who complain that the sales rarely have a size medium in a popular colour?

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

Are some folk on here having trouble with the concept of price changes and sales? Is that the same folk who complain that the sales rarely have a size medium in a popular colour?

thats because that size frame is also the used to connect ovens to the gas meter

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘on-one/planet x pricing is getting on my tits, am i the only one?’ is closed to new replies.