Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • On One…………how do they do it?
  • wwaswas

i’ve heard that white paint weights more

nah, it’s just a pigment of peoples imagination that it does.

boltonjon

joao3v16 – I bought an undecalled C456 from On-One 2 months ago for £250

Seriously – £250 for a carbon frame – outrageous

I’m really impressed with it – proper multi-purpose bike. Long fork travel or short, single speed or geared

Its my play & race bike, allowing me to keep my full susser for big days out

Of course you can justify one….

smiff
    Free Member

oniano, maybe they’ve already updated the frame then? how long is your fork?

13.2″ at 30% sag? surely not when measuring bb – mine is 12.6″ approx static (no weight on bike, only it’s own weight) with a revelation 150mm and 12mm lower headset cup, Monarch shock. Adv 2.1/Minion 2.35 if you want to get precise.

white paint obviously weighs more than raw but not sure if you think that affects the suspension 😀

oniano
    Free Member

sniff – that’s 13.2″ under own weight with the above psi. 160mm Lyriks and a CCDBA on the back. Standard one smoothie mixer headset and 2.25 smorgasbords on stans flow.

smiff
    Free Member

weeell that’s interesting. a 160mm lyric shouldn’t raise the bb by 0.6″=15mm should it.. more like half that at most? rear shocks should be same length anyway. do you mind posting this over to that thread on mtbr please.
    it’s possible my math is just wrong, would like to know, that 13.2 is exactly what loads of v3 owners want.

oniano
    Free Member

smiff – are you measuring from the floor to centre of the axle? I’ve just measured it again just now to make sure – it definitely is 13.2″. It’s leaning ever, ever so slightly towards the wall (tried to get it at the balance point as best i could).

smiff
    Free Member

exactly, that’s how i measure. please sign up for account on mtbr, would be best place to discuss this. loads of EG owners there 🙂
    http://forums.mtbr.com/titus/

oniano
    Free Member

Will do, and I’ll take a picture to prove it!

logical
    Free Member

I love my 456 joint 2nd best best bike I’ve ever owned. Joint with my Scale and behind my RC200 F4

theflatboy
    Free Member

i found that MTBR thread peculiarly fascinating reading, despite having no connection with the topic. i’m intrigued to know how it pans out…

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

i found that MTBR thread peculiarly fascinating reading, despite having no connection with the topic. i’m intrigued to know how it pans out…

It is beginning to sound rather like either: one or two misaligned frames, or measurement error.

theflatboy
    Free Member

agreed. i’m thinking the former. i’m on tenterhooks. whatever they are.

flashes
    Free Member

I’ve had my second hand SS inbred for years, I keep buying “better” frames and componants, they’ve all long gone, still riding the On One, it’s brill…………..

ynyreds
    Free Member

Here’s the proof

ynyreds
    Free Member

Oops, I’ve used my ‘proper’ account.

Chainline
    Free Member

Obviously first rule of measurement club is..make sure the floor /whole bike is level! This especially applies to people measuring head angles with iphones! That is not a comment on acuracy or otherwise. Just a statement!

On topic, I have had lots of bikes, some very very flash ones, others less so, but I have to say the OnOnes always provide smiles and ride well and I’ve never had one break.

I’ve been unable to resit the Fat bike. ridden with a Fat front before and loveed it, really missed it but the value and design of this OnOne incoporates most of the design features the others should have had and stopped me getting one. They do appear to listen to what the buying public want. Can’t wait.

bencooper
    Free Member

I’m still using one of the very first Tinbreds regularly – it’s my commuting bike. All the decals fell off after 5 minutes, apart from that all good 🙂

They’re also great bikes for chopping up and rewelding – I’ve built a bunch with S&S couplings, different dropouts and the like.

smiff
    Free Member

alright, things are finally moving on the EG low bb front – any owners/interested peeps get over to the mtbr thread now.
    Brant sounds a bit stressed though please don’t give him a hard time, doubt it’s his fault.. the world ain’t perfect.

wwaswas

that’s good.

It’s always good when someone from the company gets involved in this sort fo thing.

The Genesis 953 thread yesterday was a case in point, too.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘On One…………how do they do it?’ is closed to new replies.