Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • On One…………how do they do it?
  • ton

i know they are gas pipe and hefty, and the components are far from glamerous/bling/whatever.
    but how do they produce such nice riding, ok looking bikes for so little dosh?

i like On One………….. 8)

just picked my new 29 incher up…….. 😀

wwaswas

just picked my new 29 incher up

you probably had to use both hands though 😉

ski
    Free Member

Great news ton, enjoy…..

nosedive
    Free Member

that el guapo at £2000 with Lyriks and a reverb is great value. want

Scamper
    Free Member

Thinking of reasons not to buy an El Guapo V3 at what, £600-£800.

tinsy
    Free Member

This surely deserves a new bike pic?

MussEd
    Free Member

Just got a FB thing about the fat bikes available to pre-order. Had not previously entertained such an idea – I’m swithering now!

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

£25 frames from Taiwan

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Papa_Lazarou – Member
    £25 frames from Taiwan

plus cheap paint jobs and online-based sales reducing shop premise expenses.

wwaswas

£25 frames from Taiwan

not sure that differentiates them from an awful lot of other cycle retailers by itself?

druidh
    Free Member

Set low expectations and deliver accordingly?

terrahawk
    Free Member

race-winning bikes 🙂

angryratio
    Free Member

Cheap thrills and sorted geometry.
    And, because i object to paying more than 300 for a frame.

ton

race-winning bikes

if you are fit/good enough, gas pipe will do then…….. 8)

lemonysam
    Free Member

ourmaninthenorth

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zs7OtsvvT4[/video]

cooie

What did you get Ton, Inbred 29er?

ton

i did mate.
    just going out on my 1st night ride for just over 2 years on it.
    i am quite excited too. 😆

sc-xc

reducing shop premise expenses.

ahwiles
    Free Member

yeah… but…

it’s not exactly in a prime, high-street, heavy foot-fall, expensive location is it?

anyway, where are my bloody tyres?

inbred853

Gas pipes, hefty you say? must of got a wrong un, cos mines weights 4.12 pounds 😉

fenred
    Free Member

Oooh them vicious hayter boyz!!!

Enjoy your new ride mate, wouldn’t part with my inbred 29er for love nor money!

Actually I would rather like a SIR9 but piggy bank doesn’t compute…post pics 😉

RRD
    Free Member

Funny Ton

Also just bought a 29er Inbred as my first foray into large wheels. Not built up yet unfortunately.

Interesting comments about weight – from their respective websites:

29er Inbred 2.495Kg
    Solaris 2.222Kg (approx)

Not sure if this is a fair comparison of sizes but certainly not as heavy as I’d been led to believe… I came to the conclusion if weight was a consideration I’d buy an Alu frame(generally less than 2Kg) but as you said Ton what a price. I got a frame and fork for the price of frame only for my other options (Solaris, Alu Highball).

icarus
    Free Member

I’m collecting my new Scandal 29er tommorow,will be the 6th On One i’ve owned,the great thing with them is, what you see is what you get!,which is not the case with a lot of other bike companies.

RustySpanner

Chromoly, innit, not gaspipe? 🙂

Love the bikes, hate the fact that the price changes every five minutes, there’s 15 different versions of everything and the Scandal isn’t scandium.

If they did a 15 inch 456 I’d have one tomorrow though.

charliedontsurf

Obviously it’s to have the forsight to spot the next move, what’s coming up next, and also buying incredibly well…. As illustrated by their investment in classic bikes…

Oh dear… Didn’t see that coming

Seriously it’s a sorry subject, and a few months ago I would have been right pleased to own a jimmy bike. Ignoring this, on-one are a damned good outfit. Refreshing and very welcome.

Mugboo

On my 5th Inbred and I’ve loved em all, but I am a Yorkshireman..

RustySpanner

Oh, & the website is a bit poor. 😕
    Not quirky, characterful or cheeky.
    Just offputting.

Very, very tempted by a 456 Evo though, if Santa reads this.

ads678

Just built up an in red 29er myself. Only done a couple of rides so far but it seems like a great bike. Doesn’t seem heavy either but I suppose that’s relative really.

Built mine up with Salsa Cromoto’s and superstar xcx29er wheels. Won’t be getting rid of my 5 any time soon, but i’m liking the clown wheeler tyke at the mo.

mattythemod
    Free Member

By not offering any after sales or bothering to answer e mails from customers!

davo
    Free Member

i got a inbred 29er last month, the orange 5 been gathering dust since!

smiff
    Free Member

Thinking of reasons not to buy an El Guapo V3 at what, £600-£800.

well.. i’m a big fan of on-one and the Guapo but one reason might be that Brant, who’s been really helpful to me btw, afaik hasn’t answered this (i might be wrong, hope so!):
    http://forums.mtbr.com/titus/why-bottom-bracket-height-my-new-eg-v-3-so-low-813147-4.html
    hmm. not sure if there was a design error, mnfr error, or what’s happened there. ’tis a concern though.
    speculating: would the cost of a recall sink on-one? they really should talk to owners about this? or update the geo charts? i do feel for them, they care about their products, it’s possibly a nightmare scenario. fwiw i still love the bike, but it’s weird being held up speed wise by fear of strikes rather than grip or anything else. now enough people have the v3 for this to be well known, make up your own mind.
    sorry Brant love you but this is going to be noticed even if you push out a quiet update 🙁

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Just finished my Scandal build. Had Inbreds and 456s – really good kit that reminds me what mountain bikes are all about. I don’t get the gas pipe thing at all – my 456 had far more about it than an 853 from a.n.other company. Never had any real issues with their service either; in fact, if you head to the shop you’ll be very well looked after, in my experience. Their parts deliveries are always fast and fundamentally – it’s good kit.

More importantly – happy night riding, Ton! 😀

kerv
    Free Member

Enjoy fella, was out on a night ride on my new whippet last night. £250 for a carbon frame :D. and indeed 😀

terrahawk
    Free Member

and the Scandal isn’t scandium.

I think mine is (it’s a reet owd un tho)

druidh
    Free Member

Glitchy gas pipe bump!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

What batteries are you gonna use Ton?

ton

essel…….non for now, fingers crossed i can keep pootling around without them. 😀

re last nights ride, managed a 10 mile offroader. it was muddy and dark, and a bit scarey, but it was very comfy on a bike that suits a larger gentleman. 8)

oniano
    Free Member

well.. i’m a big fan of on-one and the Guapo but one reason might be that Brant, who’s been really helpful to me btw, afaik hasn’t answered this (i might be wrong, hope so!):
    http://forums.mtbr.com/titus/why-bottom-bracket-height-my-new-eg-v-3-so-low-813147-4.html
    hmm. not sure if there was a design error, mnfr error, or what’s happened there. ’tis a concern though.
    speculating: would the cost of a recall sink on-one? they really should talk to owners about this? or update the geo charts? i do feel for them, they care about their products, it’s possibly a nightmare scenario. fwiw i still love the bike, but it’s weird being held up speed wise by fear of strikes rather than grip or anything else. now enough people have the v3 for this to be well known, make up your own mind.
    sorry Brant love you but this is going to be noticed even if you push out a quiet update

FWIW, I bought a complete El Guapo last month. I have upgraded the wheels, brakes and fork internals(stock parts are for sale if anybody’s interested!) and I measured my BB last night to be 13.2″ – just like Brant in that thread. That’s with a generous 30% sag on both ends (just above 60psi on the forks and I *think* 110 psi on the shocks). It’s a medium white too – i’ve heard that white paint weights more.

joao3v16
    Free Member

I’d love a c456 frame, but there’s no way I can justify one 😥 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘On One…………how do they do it?’ is closed to new replies.