Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • On One….Awesome!
  • ton

ordered yesterday, delivered today.

just to offset some bad juju……….. 8)

Jamie
    Free Member

That’s only because they were aware they’d get a punch up the bracket, if your order was late, Ton.

ton

😆

Trekster

Merlin are also in the awesome bracket.
    Ordered late Monday night, delivered on Wednesday morning. Also liking the payment method through Amazon.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Merlin…hmmmm.

I tried to buy a road bike off them the other day, asked them to supply mud guards with the bike and presumed they’d give me a great deal on the mud guards. They refused. I went elsewhere. Sure they could have knocked a fiver off the mudguards to ensure I bought a bike.

sandwicheater

Never once had a problem with On One. All orders arrived quickly and the Scandal I’m riding at the moment is ace, just blooming ace.

StuF

Same here for planetx and superstar, ordered brake pads one lunchtime arrived by next morning.

tomhoward

asked them to supply mud guards with the bike and presumed they’d give me a great deal on the mud guards. They refused.

To sell you mudguards?

cp

I tried to buy a road bike off them the other day, asked them to supply mud guards with the bike and presumed they’d give me a great deal on the mud guards. They refused. I went elsewhere. Sure they could have knocked a fiver off the mudguards to ensure I bought a bike.

To employ enough admin to admin all deals links that would mean your bike was probably way more than 5 quid more expensive in the first place….

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

To sell you mudguards?

No, to do me a deal on the mudguards as I was buying a bike from them. I couldn’t give a monkeys about the £5, but I thought they could have made a gesture on the mudguards.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

To employ enough admin to admin all deals links that would mean your bike was probably way more than 5 quid more expensive in the first place….

Uh? Don’t ged it..?

thejesmonddingo

So how much more did it cost you to register your disgust?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You ARE aware how cheap their road bikes are, aren’t you…?

andymc06
    Free Member

Three orders from Chain Reaction over the last two weeks. All despatched on day of ordering and delivered next day for free. Just how it used to be!!!

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Yeah yeah. It was a toss up between 2 bikes. If they’d offered me a pound off, I would have said yes. I’m pleased with the deal I got. 🙂

funkrodent

Have used Planet-X/On-One, Merlin and Chain Reaction on a reasonably regular basis for a while now. I’d say that from a delivery point of view Merlin win hands down. They were getting me stuff next day that I ordered on the 23rd of December. Also their communication (conf of order, conf of dispatch etc) is superb.

That’s not to say that Chain Reaction is bad per se, but IME they don’t match up with Merlin.

On the gripe side, the new Planet-X website looks great, but a lot of the links either don’t work or take you to the wrong product. In addition, I upgraded the wheels on my road bike before Xmas with a rear from Merlin and a SRAM front wheel (at 75% off) from Planet-X. After five days I still hadn’t received the front wheel. I called Planet-X and eventually got through to a guy who couldn’t find my order (despite the fact that I had the order ref etc). Eventually we established that despite showing as available on their site and them taking my money, it was in fact out of stock. They had cancelled my order and refunded my money (no allegations of any funny business in that respect), but nobody bothered to tell me. Which I think was pretty poor, particularly as my decision to upgrade was based upon the two deals being available at the right price.

These things are very subjective. I’ve nothing against either On-One or Planet-X’s products, certainly their bikes are always well reviewed/commented about, but I think that their online operation could improve somewhat.

cbmotorsport – Member
    Merlin…hmmmm.

Perhaps I’m missing the point here slightly, but online retailers like Merlin already offer incredibly discounted products, representing (in most cases) extremely good value. Turning the deal down for the sake of a fiver is merely cutting off your nose to spite your face, no?

In truth, when it comes to haggling and getting stuff chucked into the deal as a makeweight, I think you’ll get much more satisfaction through a visit to your LBS.. 😉

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Perhaps I’m missing the point here slightly, but online retailers like Merlin already offer incredibly discounted products, representing (in most cases) extremely good value. Turning the deal down for the sake of a fiver is merely cutting off your nose to spite your face, no?

In truth, when it comes to haggling and getting stuff chucked into the deal as a makeweight, I think you’ll get much more satisfaction through a visit to your LBS..

I was torn between 2 bikes, 1 retailer chucked in a set of mudguards, Merlin wouldn’t offer me a discount, let alone a free set. I didn’t hold it against them, it just swayed my decision. I will continue to use Merlin. I was surprised that even on a quite expensive bike ( i know they’re cheap for what you get) they couldn’t even make a gesture to ensure a sale, that’s all.

I didn’t actively seek a discount BTW, until the other retailer offered the mud guards free. I then went bck to Merlin to see what they could do.

tomhoward

No, to do me a deal on the mudguards as I was buying a bike from them. I couldn’t give a monkeys about the £5, but I thought they could have made a gesture on the mudguards.

Thought so, how much was the bike reduced from rrp to start with? How much were the mudguards reduced from rrp to start with? Shops will often give discount from rrp if you ask, however they don’t if they they are already discounting the price, for obvious reasons.

Remember, if a shop reduces its sell price, they still have to pay the same amount for it.

mrblobby
    Free Member

In truth, when it comes to haggling and getting stuff chucked into the deal as a makeweight, I think you’ll get much more satisfaction through a visit to your LBS..

For someone like Wiggle i wouldn’t even be expecting to be speaking to someone who had the authority to give such a discount. Stuff is usually heavily discounted anyway in order to be competitive online.

If I wanted to do a bit of haggling I’d go down my LBS.. I’d get a few quid off but I’d still probably pay more than if I’d just paid the online price from Wiggle/CRC/Merlin/etc.

andyrm
    Free Member

Want to play haggling/getting stuff thrown in? Go to a LBS.

Want to get it cheaper but everything is fixed cost? Go online, but don’t expect the same human contact. You are a customer number, nothing more, nothing less. Deal with it.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Avdyrm is spot on.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Deal with it.

Yes, I did deal with it. 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

Maybe they just didn’t realise who you are?

Shaun20
    Free Member

The price of the bike is irrelevant. It’s the margin they’re making on it they need to turn profit.

creedy
    Free Member

Hmmm ordered from crc Sunday, dispatched Monday. Still not got. Need the order by tomorrow otherwise will be running round sat for parts for bpw on Sunday!

danielgroves
    Free Member

ordered yesterday, delivered today.

Only ever put one order in with them, but this was my experience too. Can’t fault them.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘On One….Awesome!’ is closed to new replies.