Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • On One Whippet- Show Me Yours.
  • p7rich
    Free Member

As you say it all depends on individual dimensions…but the Whippet does have a long top tube. Just for the record i have a 70mm stem and layback Thomson post and i’m properly stretched out, probably be just right with an inline post TBH.

kerv
    Free Member

whippet 002 by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people
    Had mine a couple of weeks now. No “finishing kit” no “colourway” no “cockpit,” no bullshit lightness at a bargain price. 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

Cheers all. Think I need to get a ride on one. Would it be alright with 120mm forks?

rossi46
    Free Member

I’ll be popping some factory Pace X Fighters (the carbon ones) on mine, I’ll wind in the travel to 110mm mind you? I’ve also got Hope discs so I can aim for a British theme on it;)
    Now then, I just have to shift my Intense Spider (on eBay at the mo) frame to fund it….. anyone want to buy it off me?

Stevo210
    Free Member

Cheers all. Think I need to get a ride on one. Would it be alright with 120mm forks?

Its great with a 120mm fork…..Ive used a lot of the parts from my Cannondale Rush Carbon which was my do it all kind of bike for last 2 years, but since building the Whippet up I can honestly not see myself going back to the Cannondale in the near future. I only did it as an experiment to see if I could get a long with a Hardtail…..it seems I can and have been missing out for some time.

JamieMc
    Free Member

Yep, runs best with a 120mm i think. Had a set of 100mm SIDs on mine for a wee while but went to a 120mm reba ad its much better.

sambob
    Free Member

Cheers, sounds like it’ll be good as a winter hardtail, and it’ll be a good chunk lighter than my FS.

Stevo210
    Free Member

winter hardtail,

spring, summer and autumn too….

Jason
    Free Member

This is my wife’s one with 650b wheels.

sambob
    Free Member

If I enjoy it it’ll end up that way, trying to avoid destroying the bearings on my FSR XC… Might keep the frame for big mountains, depends how I find the Whippet.

rossi46
    Free Member

Someone on Retrobike told me that a carbon 456 has a more forgiving rear end than a whippet? IE more useable as an all day ride than the “race orientated whippet”.
    True?
    Whats the whippet like as a ride it all day bike?

epo-aholic
    Free Member

SDC11229 by jcabuckley1974, on Flickr

sadly missed……

😥

jarno
    Free Member

Hello all,

I am french and i am sorry for my bad english 😕

I have a question :

I could try to install a angle set ( works component ) to relax the head angle of my Intense spider xvp 2004 ; but I ask myself is it a good solution ? Is the effect on the bike comportment significative ?

thanks for your opinions

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I had a standard headset on my carbon456, then changed it to a 2 degree OnOne/Works Component slack set. The difference is quite noticeable at first, the steering at slow speed particularly. Then after a few rides, you don’t notice it. Overall, I guess a bit more confident downhill.

jarno
    Free Member

Thanks B.A.Nana for your response.

In fact, on my Spider I could install only a 1 degree angleset. I am afraid that there is very small difference with the original set.

timidwheeler

Sorry if this is an obvious question but… I want to get an Shimano 2×10 hollowtech 2 M785 Chainset. Will the bottom bracket included fit the whippet or will I need to buy another one?

Stevo210
    Free Member

No you’ll need a press fit BB92 bottom bracket. This is what Im running.
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/BBTOKBB92/token_pressfit_bottom_bracket

timidwheeler

Nice, cheers.

Lee-Roy
    Free Member

This is my wife’s one with 650b wheels.

Where did you get the wheelset and tyres from Jason?

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Anyone else find the rear brake caliper a bugger to align on these or is it just me?

backinireland
    Free Member

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘On One Whippet- Show Me Yours.’ is closed to new replies.