Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • On one whippet reviews..?
  • plus-one

Hi folks

Kinda interested in on ones whippet.. Are there any reviews yet..?
    Anyone have one built up and ridden yet..? Any thoughts feedback
    Would be good

Cheers

avdave2

+1 plus one

ourkidsam
    Free Member

= 2

DT78
    Free Member

Was about to say I think it’s pre-order only, however just checked the site and they have 7 in stock, so the container must have landed in the last few weeks since I checked the site….so tempted, missus would kill me!

Not much help but I’m pretty certain I read a review in mbr or mbuk in the last few months of the SLX full bike they are offering, it got a good write up.

luds
    Free Member

Got mine last week after the long wait, thought I’d see what all the fuss is about… so went singlespeed & rigid.
    Only managed to get out once so far, but loved it.
    Frame looks good, bl&&dy light, can’t wait to get some more use.

plus-one

Interested to hear how you get on with yours luds..?
    Poised to order and will be building up with rigid carbon fork
    And singlespeed too(way ahead 😉 ) if you could be arsed mate some piccy’s
    And update once you’ve done some more riding would be great..

Cheers 🙂

DT78
    Free Member

Hi luds – did you build yours up yourself? It’s got a funny BB hasn#t it? Can you use normal hollowtech cranks with it? I scanned CRC for BB92 and it only came up with a raceface BB not a shimano one.

Wonder if the missus will notice, after all it will be replacing a black bike….

luds
    Free Member

Plus one – I’ll take some photos tonight and attempt to upload (Only just started posting, due to this thread)

DT78 – I let on one take the hassle of building it up, I wouldn’t know where to start with headsets / cranks / BB etc, done a good job though.

plus-one

That’s great mate thanks..

🙂

MS
    Free Member

Got one, but just finished the build so not been for a ride on it.

Built up SS with SID’s, XT Chainset, XT Brakes, Hope pro2 on DT Swiss 4.2 Rims.

Very Light!

BB is easy to put in, providing you have a headset press. I would say it was easier than the standard external bearing fitting! Yip XT Cranks can be used. Headset is easy to, as you just pop the bearings in as the cups are in the frame. Cable routing good and finish is tidy.

Can’t wait to take it for a spin!

DT78
    Free Member

Thanks MS – did a bit of googling and found out shimano are called ‘press-fit’ not bb92s.

What headset did you use? I’ve got a normal 1 1/8 Hope headset, does that mean I just need to use the bearings, so don’t need to buy another?

MS
    Free Member

I used a FSA Orbit CE from merlin however it was the wrong type (wrong bearings!) but i had another headset lying about so used the bearings out of it and it worked (different angle of bearing).

Im not sure as you may need the bearing cover that comes with the headset. Could be wrong though.

The on one sight sells headsets, there only like £15 i think and they fit. Might be best to get one of those?

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

DT78 – Member
    Was about to say I think it’s pre-order only, however just checked the site and they have 7 in stock, so the container must have landed in the last few weeks since I checked the site…

oooooh!
    < eagerly awaits email informing of build number and delivery date 😀 >

luds
    Free Member

as promised….

more here if required –

http://cid-e60efbb2d81d92c5.photos.live.com/browse.aspx/Whippet

plus-one

Thanks for link poppa.. Also thanks luds for photos.. Looks good not
    Too flashy..just gotta wait on 16″ frames coming 🙁

yarp
    Free Member

has anyone had a full bike build delivered yet?
    I pre-ordered one for delivery mid Sept and all i’ve heard is delay after delay. I’m beginning to wonder whether I will see the bike this side of Christmas.

luds
    Free Member

I was number 19 out of 75 I think they said, got mine at start of November. Keep chasing, shouldn’t be too long now.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Apparently getting built on Monday 29th. So it’ll be here for the ‘Puffer! 😀
    Road bike getting built on Saturday. Where the hell am I going to put them all? 😕

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘On one whippet reviews..?’ is closed to new replies.