Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • On One Whippet – Frame Sizes?
  • paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Does anyone have the geometry chart, I can’t find it anywhere?

I’ve got a small frame which I’ve run with my normal bar/stem setup, single speed and with some 470mm rigid forks off of a 29er (X-lite)

Great bike etc, but with it being single speed I end up doing a lot of standing up and cranking up hills and find that the front end is too low and I’m a lot more bent over than I ever was on my Transition TransAM.

So I thought the best solution was to buy a second hand Medium Whippet and sell the Small, roughly cost neutral and I’m halfway through the plan. But the Medium frame is basically two inches longer in the seat tube, about 10mm longer top tube and the same height head-stock. So it’s basically the same.

What’s the point in that? As far as I can see the basic difference between the small and medium frames is that the small looks a lot better.

Now it’s no big deal, but I’d like to see the exact differences before I decide whether to go back to the better looking small frame and start messing about with bars and stem etc.

D0NK

inbred afaik same geo as whippet and yep only 13mm between 16″ and 18″ and only and extra 10mm on the 20″

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Bizarre, wonder why they bother with the different sizes at all?

brant
    Free Member

Bizarre, wonder why they bother with the different sizes at all?

because the length of the seat tubes are 2in different on each model?

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Yeah, but what does that do for a chap? If I need the longer seat tube, don’t I want a higher front end and a bit more length for my gangly arms?

Educate me!

brant
    Free Member

Sounds like you are trying to get a contemporary trail bike feel from a low slung old school short forked 26in wheeled frame.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Perhaps, I really just wanted a higher front end when stood up, it’s fine the rest of the time.

Don’t most frames have a longer headstock on the larger sizes?

Was hoping not to have to dick about with stem spacers and riser bars as they look crap.

D0NK

Don’t most frames have a longer headstock on the larger sizes?

looks like the other models do but iirc 16″ and 18″ normally share the same HT on most models anyway not much good for your particular needs. I should think cost is a big part of this but there may well be other reasons.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘On One Whippet – Frame Sizes?’ is closed to new replies.