Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • On One Whippet
  • faithless
    Free Member

Hi, thinking of buying a Whippet frame and would like to hear from any owners please. I would like to know if there are any issues with the frame.
    Cheers Kenny.

PaulD
    Free Member

My principal beef is the ‘new’ standards requiring extra new kit, namely the BB92 bearings and the front mech.

The On-One website is clear about this, so buy knowing what you need.

They do look good in yellow!

PaulD

joff69
    Free Member

My brother is selling one if you are interested.
    I’m not sure of the spec but if you drop me a pm I can pass on your details.
    Think it has xt front and rear mech, hope bb

faithless
    Free Member

Hi,joff69. Interested if it’s frame only that he’s selling. I am 5ft 10 so it would have to be a medium frame 18 inch I think.
    Can you text me on 07796136727 as I am away until Wednesday now.
    Cheers Kenny

Garry_Lager

No issues with the frame here – it’s a good bike.

The main issue which I’ve heard people have is the press fit bb creaking a lot. Seems a bit hit and miss – mine’s been fine (and I’m not the lightest).

faithless
    Free Member

Hi Garry, do you know if there are any weight limits on these frames mate.

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Hi Faithless i recently had a whippet it was a great bike, but the high direct mount cracked so the shifting when funny. I was told and shown the reason for this, the earlier frames this mount was made from carbon but after similar issues to mine the problem has been sorted by them using an alloy plate as the mount now. I also had the issue of putting too much pre load on the chainset so wrecked the bb after 3 months, my fault but something to note. I decided too see if i could upgraded the frame when i had my warranty issue and on-one let me upgrade to a dirty harry for a cost of £100 [The difference in the frames value] (Plus all the 29er bits) the other thing to look at if you bothered is the frame weights are weighed with out the drop outs on and these add another 150g approx. I did like the whippet but i love my new bike. And shameless plug here if you do get the frame i have a 6 month old XTR HDM front mech yours for £35 posted 😀

Garry_Lager

No weight limit that I’m aware of faithless. If it can haul my 100kg carcass up hill and down dale then I’d say it’s not something to worry over. That’s completely wheels on the ground riding – wouldn’t fancy chucking it about much but that’s obv not what it’s intended for.

bengbong
    Free Member

Hi,

Not long back from a weeks riding in Torridon, Skye and Harris with my whippet, done all the big days out and no probs whatsoever, Broke x9 shifter mount 2 miles from finishing on the last day, but that was my fault trying to take pic with bike hanging on fence and it fell off dooh!! Great bike though..

vdubber67
    Free Member

Really pleased with mine. Considering it’s a £250 carbon frame it’s bloody amazing really. I went for the really yuck green and yellow colour scheme 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘On One Whippet’ is closed to new replies.