Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • On One Whippet
  • deep_river
    Free Member

Any one got any experience with these?

Cheers.

flashes
    Free Member

I was tempted to buy one, but On One had other ideas…………..

gothandy

http://scottforbesracing.tumblr.com/

This guy is doing well on his.

Basil

Went to the On One shop to check one out.
    The frame is not impressivly finished and on the demo bike the small chain ring had cut into the bottom bracket.
    Didn’t buy.

stylish
    Free Member

Been tempted by one of these also, what was the problems with the finish? is it the paint or the carbon? curious to know.

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

@Basil -how can/does the small chainring cut into the bottom bracket ?
    surely the bb is central to all chainrings 😕

beej

Chainring bolts catching the frame? Seems odd though.

firestarter
    Free Member

Was it the small ring tabs catching the bb area I had this problem tryin to fit a cheap old little ring on a ht2 chainset the tabs rubbed the frame, I just fitted an xt and it was fine as the tabs are smaller and rounder
    Not a whippet frame the it was I 456
    If it wasn’t this then ignore me lol

yarp
    Free Member

I have a Whippet and have had the same problem with the deore chainset granny ring rivet tabs grinding the bb shell. The problem seems to be the very small clearance(sub 2mm)combined with gritty mud, the granny ring itself isnt rubbing.

I had a look at a Scott Scale 30 yesterday in my lbs which has the same fitting and looked to have a similar clearance. I was wondering if this is an issue that has been seen on any other press fitted bb bikes running triple rings?

I am waiting for On One to send out an XT chainset which should hopefully, as Firestarter says, have a bit more clearance.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

On-one in crunching chainstay/bb shocker! 🙄

Basil

The Whippet had grind marks on the bottom of the BB not all the way round from the tabs that mount the small chainring.Like the bb was not central to the carbon build up around the BB.

Basil

P.S.
    I have suffered from this with my Yeti AsrC. 92mm pressfit BB combined with Sram chainset.
    I shed tears!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘On One Whippet’ is closed to new replies.